“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street

You added Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street to your Saves list
Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street
325 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Collins Mark Apartments) (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #96 of 112 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My partner and I and my sister and her partner have just stayed here while visiting Melbourne for the Australian Open Tennis. Location was great - easy walk in the mornings to Melbourne Park. We had 2 one bedroom apartments on the 15th floor, one bigger then the other, but that didn't really matter. Key pickup is a downside, but we were aware of this (website states this very clearly), so organised ourselves to collect the keys prior to going to Collins Street. I requested both apartments to have a view of Collins St and to have queen beds and both requests were granted. Apartments are a bit tired looking, but were clean and we received clean towels each day (except one). We'll book a Plum Serviced Apartment again.

Room Tip: Corner one bedroom apartments are large and sunny with a reasonable balcony.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I booked this hotel off the Wotif.com site, and chose it specifically for the location. The photos provided by the hotel on the site showed a clean, modern apartment and I thought "yes, this will be a nice stay". I was wrong.so bad
Key pickup was not an issue - I was aware of the need to pick up from anther site - but not having reception on site meant that any nigglng issues were very difficult to resolve.
The biggest issue was the bed. It was a double bed. Nowhere on the website mentions a double bed. One of my criteria was that the property needed the larger bed, and I had passed up a number of properties that displayed only double beds. In fact, the bed was so bad I slept on the floor. It was obvious that this was the original bed for the property!
As pointed out in another review, steer clear of the two story rooms if you visit during summer. The airconditioner was located in the loungeroom (downstairs) so the bedroom was quite hot.
Oher niggles included a stained kitchen top (no way would I prepare food on it!) and no tea and coffe making items.
This was definitely NT a four star place - I would rate it 2.5 stars

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip in October. Clean but felt like I'd done something wrong and had been punished for being put in the room I was in.
My floor smelt of Chinese food, I always saw neighbours walking down the corridor with dogs and im sure that if I screamed for help, noone would have helped me.
Issues with the shower were corrected within 24 hours. Balcony looked too unstable to stand on.
Not sure I'd stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Spent 3 nights and 4 days in Melbourne recently and stayed at Plum on Collins. Hassle free check in at the Carlton location, the clerk there was super friendly and helpful. Upon notifying him that there were 2 of us in the apartment wanting separate beds additional bed and linen within the hour.

Our apartment was very spacious and had everything you needed and more for a short stay (or even longer). Very modern too. Only thing I could fault is they could put in some darker curtains/blinds, as soon as the sun was up it was really bright in the room. My Dad had an apartment on the floor above but his wasn't as modern as ours and looked like it could have used a lick of paint.

The location is excellent, close to the corner of Collins and Elizabeth, tram stop right out the front, Flinders St station 1 block down, pretty much walking distance to a lot a great places. Would definitely stay there again and recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Caloundra, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I booked a room and was aware of the :
No parking and had to collect keys from Swanston St, BUT !!! :
There was no where to park out the front of Plum on Swanston, to collect keys
There was no parking out the front of Plum on Collins to unload our bags.
We then couldnt fine car parking under $58 /night
It wasnt explained to us that you had to use a special lift to access our floor,
In that speacial lift , it didnt have our floor marked .
My ELDERLY mother and I got out on the floor below and had to carry our suitcases and bags up a flight of stairs. We werent informed of this on booking.
I asked for 2 beds, they gave us one Dble , we discovered the fold out devan, the second night, it was sooooooo hard, worst night sleep ever. One blanket only available. We did find sheets in the cupboard . Wont ever stay here again.
PK
Sunshine Coast.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Western Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We recently stayed at the Plum Apartments in Collins - we have previously stayed at Plum Apartments Southbank which were fairly new and very nice, however the Collins Road ones are starting to get a bit tired and run down, especially the corridors which looked dirty and old. The first room we were allocated (via an internet booking) overlooked the back alley and was very disappointing, it was dark and uninviting. The air-conditioner/heater didn't work, there was just a small blow heater in the bedroom and an oil heater in the living area - the switch was actually taped at the 'off'' position, which they must have known about before they allocated us the room and should have been fixed before offering this room (especially at the same price as the others). We contacted reception about this as it was the middle of winter and cold! Fortunately the staff there were very helpful and because of a cancellation of another booking, moved us to a room overlooking Collins Street. This room was very nice & in fairly good condition compared to the other room, however there was no remote control for the heater in this room! We borrowed one from a neighbour to turn the heater on and again contacted staff who dropped one off to us the following day. Overall the stay was very pleasant and we had a great time in Melbourne - but I do think they need to do some work around the apartments to bring them up to scratch. All the staff we dealt with were very helpful and nice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011 via mobile

Firstly, some if these people are just looking for a bad thing to say. No Tupperware? Get over it it's a hotel not your house. I stayed here May 2011 for a week in a one bedroom apartment and could not have been happier. Luckily I didn't pay attention to these people who complain about every little thing! Almost scared me off. But don't be! The room was great, very modern, clean, there was a dishwasher, washing machine and dryer. The servicing was great and the price was the best part. The cheapest 1 bedroom apartment I found through months of searching plus many visits to Melbourne staying in a room with 2 beds and a toilet. (studio standard rooms never again). I just wish I found this place sooner.

The funniest part is these people complaining about the key check in at a different location. YOU ARE WARNED WHEN YOU BOOK THIS so I cannot fathom how people would complain about this. My flight was delayed 3 hours so surely if I can get to the reception in good spirits so can you.

In summary, it's a great place to stay and close to EVERYTHING! I really recommend it. I also recommend you ask for the 14th floor cause I think they're more modern than other floors.

Don't let the other reviews scare you:)

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Plum Serviced Apartments Collins Street? Share your experiences!