“Great Location, nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added Oaks on Market to your Saves list
Oaks on Market
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   60 Market Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 3 Nights & Save 15%!
Ranked #68 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Newcastle, Australia
“Great Location, nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed here in December 2012, we had requested a higher room with a view away from the elevators and we were not disappointed. We had 2 adjoining rooms with a fantastic view over the Yarra River and it was really quiet. Hotel is walking distance to everywhere. Flinders lane just around the corner, Spencer Street DFO, Casino and Bourke Street Mall. Trams almost at the front door. Breakfast in the restaurant was delicious - very well cooked and fresh. Staff were very helpful and our rooms were very clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
OaksMarket, Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for your kind feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed our rooms, the views and the delicious breakfast.

We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

568 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at Oaks on Market in a 2 bedroom apartment for 3 nights during Christmas 2012 and it was pretty good. Great location, nice clean rooms and a full kitchen. Everything was clean and service was good. We got a good deal on the room during a sale ($229/night) but would never pay the full price for the apartment.

We had brekky for one morning and it was average. I suggest spending your money elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
OaksMarket, Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we are glad that you enjoyed our service and our clean rooms, we are also glad that you managed to secure a special rate.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcome you back in 2013.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I booked this apartment for hubby & I for a relaxing weekend away from home & our anniversary of course.

before booking i called the hotel to specifically ask about the public spa provided if it was HOT. He assured me it was heated but did not tell me only to pool temperature which is 26 degrees. Nor was it specified on the there description when advertising. I was utterly disappointed as I only book hotel/apartments that provide hot spa\jacuzzi. I did not spend any time in spa as it was too cold and many others were also complaining.

How ever I thought we would head back to the room to watch some movies that we had uploaded onto a portable USB hard drive. The tv had a USB out put but the cheapness of the tv would not read the high quality port.
I called reception to see if I could have a DVD player. They could not supply this for me. I was offered a late check out which was no where near compromising, I asked to have an immediate check out & atleast half my money back. It was denied because it was pre paid via there very own website, so there shouldn't be a problem. (surely money can be reimbursed other ways even if its a cheque) I work in admin I'm very aware right from wrong. I was upgraded to another room which I thought would of taken my by surprise but I was back at square one just with a higher view. That's just not clearly good enough.

Upon check out at 6.00pm (5 after after check in) we were not queried, or had any kind of compromising to our dissatisfaction. Our parking ticket was validated. (Thinking it was free) once we get out to leave we owed $22.00.

There's a sign stating weekending rates $9.00 flat rate. I called to discuss this once again and he said it was discounted to $22 because original price was about $40.00 !!!!! there must be invisible signs! by that time I had no more time or patients to deal with them anymore

OVERALL!!! NOT HAPPY JAN AND WILL NOT BE BACK EVER!!! what a waste of money, time and so called anniversary !!!!

DISAPPOINTED AT LACK OF COMPROMISING. Like paying pre paid online could stop Atleast half a reimbursement.

Glad to be back home :)
Sorry for my loss of $$$$

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed at the 2-bedroom apartment booked on a sale fare. Location in the city is excellent. Check-in and check-out was fast and efficient. Parking is good with discount coupon (get one from reception) on the designated public parking nearby for 10$ per day. Rooms are clean and does not look "old", although one of the bedroom is quite small. Kitchen (well-equipped) and fridge works as expected. Apartment has nice views out the window too and is well-lit with natural light during the day. Not "luxurious" but certainly exceeds my expectations for the amount I paid.

Room Tip: The two-bedroom apartment is great and fits 4 person.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
OaksMarket, Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property, we are pleased that we exceeded your expectations; as exceeding guest’s expectations is one of primary goals.

We would like to wish you a safe & happy holiday’s season and a prosperous New Year; and we look forward to welcome you back in 2013.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was visiting Melbourne for the weekend to checkout the city and also meet up with a close friend.
- Very comfortable and pleasant stay
- Great location, safe area for solo travelers
- Spacious and clean. Has facilities to cook if needed. Two seaters to entertain a guest or to watch TV
- Bar downstairs and ok room service menu (not the best but can manage)
- shower (with water saver device) was the only thing I can say as negative; otherwise, everything was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we are pleased that your stay was very comfortable and pleasant and that you enjoyed our perfect location.

We would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday season and a prosperous New Year; and we look forward to welcome you back in 2013.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The Oaks on Market is well positioned for Melbourne city and SouthBank. We stayed there with my wife's parents for a weekend in Melbourne
The apartment where we stayed was of a good size with modern fittings and clean but terribly designed. Neither bedroom had any windows, but instead had privacy glass on the doors thus permitting no view and then letting light stream into the rooms in the morning.

In terms of service the reception staff repeatedly either gave incorrect advice or made bad recommendations.

Finally after returning from a long day out at about 15h00 the room was still not cleaned and when phoning to ask for it to be cleaned we were told they would get there when they could as the were still busy.

Given the choice of hotels in the city I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
OaksMarket, Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property; we were most disappointed to read your comments; however feedback such as yours will allow us to improve our service standards and to rectify any shortfall.

We encourage you to contact us direct to discuss the matter; and hopefully we may able to change your first impression of what you have described (issues aside) as a well located, clean with good size apartments Hotel.

Once again thank you for reviewing our property.
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Oaks on Market, as well as many of the Oaks properties nationally on a number of occasions over the past 5 years and it would be a toss up between this one and the Oaks Pier Plaza in Glenelg as my favourite.

Rooms are bright, spacious and modern. The Gym and Pool are very good and the risotto in restaurant is enough to keep my coming back.

For families, couples on a shopping holiday or business travellers, this is a good option

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
OaksMarket, Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review, we are glad that our property made the cut as one of your favourite destinations.

Once again thank you for your review; and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Been to Oaks on Market? Share your experiences!