“A well located business or leisure destination” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book Direct & Save 10%
Ranked #73 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“A well located business or leisure destination”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

I have stayed at the Oaks on Market, as well as many of the Oaks properties nationally on a number of occasions over the past 5 years and it would be a toss up between this one and the Oaks Pier Plaza in Glenelg as my favourite.

Rooms are bright, spacious and modern. The Gym and Pool are very good and the risotto in restaurant is enough to keep my coming back.

For families, couples on a shopping holiday or business travellers, this is a good option

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
OaksMarket, Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind review, we are glad that our property made the cut as one of your favourite destinations.

Once again thank you for your review; and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

I have just returned from my trip to Melbourne after staying at the Oaks Apartment. It was very comfortable and the view was amazing! But I felt a bit antisocial by the time I returned because to have a hot shower was almost impossible. I think there was a water saving device attached to the shower rose and that combined with minimal hot water made for a rather frustrating experience. I then went to have a cup of "leaf" tea to console myself but then double tragedy no teapot or plunger! What more can I say?

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
OaksMarket, Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, it is unfortunate that you have experienced some issues with our water saving devices. We recently had all the pressure valves replaced and it is only matter of founding the right balance for each apartment; although all the rooms were tested to achieve this; we also rely on guests’ feedback. Whilst our apartments are well equipped some items such as teapots and coffee plungers are not part of our rooms’ inventory, however on your next visit please do not hesitate to request either one; and we will promptly send one up for you.

We are glad that you enjoyed our apartments and the amazing views; and we look forward to welcome you back.
Central Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

stayed here for 4 nights will definitely stay again room was terrific it was in a great location really clean staff were really helpful and friendly great pool and bar area enjoyed our $6.00 cocktails

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind feedback, we are glad that together with our rooms, our staff and facilities you enjoyed our are very much in demand Thursday’s $6.00 cocktails specials.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Melbourne.
Scone, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We booked a four night stay several months in advance but found on arrival that we had a room that had a common wall with the elevator wells. Not just a small section of wall but the entire length of the one bedroom apatrment and the noise was very noticable. If it had only been a one night, short notice booking we would have accepted it however we asked for a change of rooms and were given one with good grace from the staff. The final room as quite good and we were happy. It is a convenient location for transport and shopping and wld stay there again.

Room Tip: Try for a river view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
OaksMarket, Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for reviewing our property, we are pleased that you have enjoyed the location of our building.

All our rooms including those nearby the lifts have gone through sound testing; and passed as per Australian standards. Although some guests may find these rooms not to be as quiet, often we receive specific requests for these rooms as they are some of the larger rooms in our property.

We are glad that our front desk staff was able to offer you an alternative room and we hope to welcome you back again soon.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Staying for 9 nights at Oaks on Market after my Lodging Department finally moved me from a lousy hotel where I stayed for 15 night.

Walked in at 8:00am and in a minute my luggage was taken into storage, as I was in a hurry to reach office. In the evening another 3 minutes and checkin done - I requested for a room high up away from lifts - and I got farthest room from lift on 20th floor - couldn't have asked more. Awesome views of Yarra river, Crown and Skydeck.

Not a very modern/fancy hotel - but nothing negative that I can write about - quiet large room with a comfortable bed and lot of storage capacity. Things like iron, fridge, microwave, kitchenette, working table, enogh chairs/sofas in case need to bring in colleagues for work - essential for a someone on 'business travel for a month'. Pay per use Washing Machines in basement with Gym and Pool. Only missing thing is powerpoints near the bed.

Very happy - will stay here going forward.

Room Tip: Excellent room - bright, quiet, large with good views.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
OaksMarket, Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, I am glad that we were able to match all your requests. As you described, indeed the views from the top floors are “awesome" and we sincerely believe are worth paying the extra fees.

Once again thank you for your kind feedback; and we look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Melbourne.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night, over a weekend. The room was nice, the bed comfortable, room quiet and perfect location.

What I do take issue with, is I have a $150 block on my c/card for 'incidentals'. Its pretty standard I guess, and I have had it happen before, and its usually come off in a day or so.

3 days later and I have just spoken to the hotel, who advise it can take 10 working days to be removed. Ridiculous and I have to say this has tainted my view of my otherwise pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for as high as possible, away from lift shaft.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
OaksMarket, Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks on Market. We are glad to read that you found our rooms nice, our beds comfortable and it is also great to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel.

A preauthorisation on a guest credit card is automatically released, however depending on the issuing institution it can take up to 10 working days; we apologise that the same was not communicated to you correctly.

We sincerely regret the inconvenience caused; and that this issue has tainted your view of an otherwise pleasant stay.
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I stay at this hotel often and have found the price very good for the location.
This hotel is in a great spot - close to three tram stops, including the free tourist tram, a short walk to the mall or Southbank (incluidng the Crown Casino) or Swanston St train station (where the airport sky bus arrives and departs).
The rooms are neat and tidy. Even the studio rooms have a basic kitchen with a hotplate and microwave. Bathrooms all have a half bath and a water-saving shower. Queen bed plus 2/3 seater couch, a spare chair and work desk but still enough room for two people and a couple of large suitcases!
The resturant is probably my least liked part of the hotel - it's ok but just a basic hotel kitchen. Staff are friendly as are the room service staff. /but not to worry - Melbourne is a city of food. There are three cafes close by that do a wonderful hot breakfast for under $15 (inc coffee), for an evening meal you can eat at Southbank or a quick walk about 4 blocks to Hardware Lane. If you want something simple and close by there is a mexican chain resturant, subway and a old-fashioned pub only doors away!
Overall a comfortable stay

Room Tip: Unless you really need a seperate living space and bedroom - the studio aparments are ample size for...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
OaksCustomerFeedback, Guest Relations Manager at Oaks on Market, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
We sincerely appreciate the time that you have taken to comment on your recent stay at Oaks on Market, we also believe that our hotel is in a “great spot” close to all the amenities, sporting/events arenas and transports. It is very reassuring to receive favourable feedback especially from a regular guest, please keep using Oaks on Market as “Home away from Home”.

Been to Oaks on Market? Share your experiences!