“Crikey” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Citiclub Hotel

Save Saved
You added Citiclub Hotel to your Saves list
Citiclub Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   113 Queen St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #145 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Geelong, Australia
“Crikey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Great location. Easy to find. Not so friendly staff when checking and checking out. Sadly on arriving back to my room I discovered that there was a night club below and the noise was bloody horrendous. I will not be staying there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
currumbin waters
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

the stay i had in melbourne at the citiclub motel suited me on my business trip to a 'T'!!
After a hectic start..missing my plane..heavy luggage..losing an earring with no time to look for it...it was heaven to have the excellent reception..especially 'shannon' help me feel relaxed and at home. Great attentive bar tender even in the last minutes of being open..I just wanted to breathe in the last moments of the Melbourne city life before retiring for another long business briefing :/
Even when I had to run and catch a plane back..they graciously ordered a taxi who got me there right on time in comfort!
Comfy beds..ample room bathrooms and a hearty mini bar if you want to indulge..with lots of light from the huge windows or dark if you want to catch some shut-eye..I highly recommend this motel for an easy going stay that fulfils most of your needs within walking distance..just in case..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Looking on the website the rooms looked spacious, bright and airy. We where on the fourth floor at the end of the corridor. There was one panel window that was tinted so you could not see out so obviously the view was undesirable. The noise from the nightclub was pounding until early hours of the morning and the noise in the corridors travelled right down into our room. Also our room was not attended to on one of the days and the next day was not cleaned until approx. 4pm.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

First of all you cant sleep cause of the nightclub down stairs that doesnt close till 0500. So if your coming on a weekend stay somewhere else. The staff are useless and couldn't answer any questions. I didnt get the room I payed for either. Take my advice do not stay here

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed here traveling from Perth for the Bruce Springsteen concert. The images, as they generally do, looked great on the website. The reality was very different.

Although we didn't see it, there is or was a notation on the website pertaining to 'low level noise' during the weekend. This 'low level noise' came from the night club on the 1st floor and was ANYTHING other than 'low level' as it literally bounced my wife out of bed. It unfortunately went on till around 5:30am. It was lucky we arrived on a Saturday night meaning we only had to endure one night of this bass-busting brain numbing boom boom boom. I found it quite ironic that there was, and I say was as after complaining during the night the sign was removed, as sign in the lifts stating the hotel had a 'no party policy'.

The room was typical size, minimal coffee and tea making facilities. Just enough milk for 2 coffees, and no replacements made during room cleaning, meaning we either bought our own milk or had to ask for more.

The air con unit was basically useless The controller has 3 buttons, on/off, mode and fan speed. The mode switched between cool, heat and cool/heat. You cannot increase or decrease the temperature, so we found ourselves sweating during the day and freezing at night...apparently they haven't heard of thermostats. In addition our room (713) had the worst rattle from the unit and a very annoying tapping sound that forever kept us awake.

Breakfast was included, however the hotel doesn't have a restaurant, so they have partnered with the cafe next door. Take over your voucher and feast on a typical buffet breakfast. The selection was 'adequate' and well prepared, unfortunately after 6 mornings the choice soon became boring.

Lastly, we were very disappointed to find no balcony, being smokers this means a trip down the lifts.

For the price of a nights stay I'm sure there is better in Melbourne....location isn't great either....

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My son organised for us to stay in this hotel because it was cheap. I was OK with that but on the trip to Melbourne decided to search for reviews and became rather concerned by what I read. When we arrived I was pleasantly surprised to find that although the rooms were rather dated they were clean and roomy and the staff were accommodating.
Although others have complained about the noise in the rooms we were made aware before we booked that this could be an issue and I have to say although we could hear some noise it was not an issue, and we were there over the period between Christmas and New Year.
One of the real pluses with this hotel is that it is very centrally located to restaurants, public transport, nearby shopping and the MCG.
Was disappointed that they listed that they had a gym on the website, but when I asked about it they said it was no longer there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Albury, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I stayed on a Sat night and unfortunately made the booking before we read the reviews. It is very well located and we also got the buffet breakfast as part of the deal, so overall the price and value was quite good.

BUT.......if you think you will get ANY sleep, think again......we were placed on the top floor and the music from the nightclub just pounds through the walls.

Given the amount of places to stay in Melb, we certainly won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you do stay here, ask for a room on the top floor, I couldn't even imagine how bad the noise...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Citiclub Hotel? Share your experiences!