“Very disappointed” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Citiclub Hotel

Save Saved
You added Citiclub Hotel to your Saves list
Citiclub Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   113 Queen St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #153 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane, Australia
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend recently. We had a great time in Melbourne with family and friends and I'm sad to say this hotel really did ruin our experience. The security guard on duty Friday 20/September made me feel uncomfortable and almost threatened. Staff were mostly quite rude and lifeless and when the security guard abused my boyfriend and a dragged a girlfriend of ours out of the lift with much aggression (because it was just after 8pm and we weren't allowed visitors) I felt very uncomfortable staying there. Needless to say I will never be going back to Citiclub and I recommend to anyone else to find somewhere more accommodating with respectful staff. Awful unecessary end to a nice weekend. Aggressive/abusive/disrespectful staff should be tolerated NOWHERE.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CiticlubHotel, Manager at Citiclub Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry you did not enjoy your time here with us, I am a little surprised that this is the first I have heard of this incident, it was not reported to management upon checkout, so I therefore could not follow up appropriately for you. If you would kindly like to contact management directly I would like to look into and discuss this incident further so as all possible steps can be taken in ensuring it does not happen again. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you again soon, Management, Citiclub Hotel

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. The staff are friendly ans the room is very basic and almost clean. Very good location but thats where the pros stop. There is a night club under the hotel that goes till 5:30 AM. We stayed on top floor (7th) but the room was shaking and the noise was deafening! Since we couldn't sleep decided to go and join the party but the monky at the door didn't let us in and didnt even say why. But my main problem was with the shower! The shower head sprayed the water everywhere except where i was standing. In conclusion, this place was not comfortable and for this price there are better options in Melbourne.

• Stayed September 2013
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This would have to be THE WORST HOTEL I have ever stated in my entire life .... And it's been a life of nearly 50 years. Nightclub noise I could deal with but everything in the room vibrated as well. It was beyond belief so I checked out at 2am after being told the nightclub goes thru until 530 am. It's beyond ridiculous.

Room Tip: No room is a good room. Don't even bother with this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Geelong, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

GREAT LOCATION !!!!!!!
Really Enjoyed our stay. Room was on the 6th Floor, we had no corridor noise, and the light muffled noise from the nightclub was no bother to us. Cleaning staff and Security Staff were very pleasant and friendly. Reception desk staff were adequate, parking $22 per 24 hours which we found on par with the many other places we have stayed at in Melbourne CBD. Breakfast was supplied, our stay was a special through Postcard, wouldn't bother with that again, milk, juice, cereal, muesli type bar and PLASTIC BOWL all kept in a cupboard at reception to be collected each morning. Warm milk and juice Plastic Bowl No Thanks. Plenty on eateries Close By.
But over all Wouldn't hesitate to stay there again .

Room Tip: On the upper Floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We recently stayed at Citiclub on the way back from our honeymoon. I had picked up a special from Hotel Club and to be honest wasn't really expecting anything great given the price. Well I am pleased to say we were pleasantly surprised. The staff were excellent, check in was easy, parking close and reasonably priced at $22, room was a good size given the location and very well presented. The hotel is a little aged but this had little impact on our stay and I would not hesitate to stay again.. Our stay even included breakfast at the cafe next week which was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The room was ok clean and tidy and they catered for our needs when requesting a sofa bed but the noise from the nighclub was horrendus. I could not believe it! the bathroon was shaking lol. It is central to the city and the staff were ok. Dont stay here is you have children. But if you are a party animal and wont be in the hotel much then this is definately were to stay. The buffett breakfast was good also no complaints there

Room Tip: try and get them to put you as high up as possible to avoid the noise from the nightclub
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was my 4th stay at citciclub as love the price and specially the location but this trip was awful. I realize the hotel has a nightclub but has never bothered me like it did on this stay. It must have been floor and room number - 4/11. We got back to our room at 11 and nightclub went on until 4-5 in the morning. As well as hearing the doof doof we were that close that I knew the songs that were playing. I think the hotel should pre warn guests staying in this room on nights the club is open or leave it vacant as it was impossible for us to sleep. Always enjoy the buffet breakfast in the cafe next door - staff in there very friendly

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Citiclub Hotel? Share your experiences!