We stayed one night here. The room was spotlessly clean and nicely appointed, with an oven, cook-top, dishwasher, mini-fridge and a basic range of cooking utensils. The studio room was adequate for our needs. There was a two seater couch, a couple of chairs and a bench with bar stools. All decorated in muted whites and greys. The ensuite is behind a thick panel of frosted glass and you could just barely see the outline of the other person when they were using the "facilities". I didn't feel uncomfortable about it at all, nor did my husband. If you're going to be sharing a bed, I don't think it's a problem to know your nearest and dearest is using the shower/toilet. The room looked out onto an office building and had a door to a small balcony; looking at the floor plan on the back of the door, most rooms had a window. Only a couple of rooms on each floor had no window. The room had no noticeable smell.
The room was fairly quiet except for the usual garbage trucks in the morning.
At check-in you have to give a credit card and the hotel puts a hold on a security deposit that is automatically removed after a couple of days. This is in addition to the prepayment for the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Collins is located in the heart of Melbourne’s business and financial centre, opposite Rialto Towers. Just outside the door is the city’s vibrant entertainment, restaurant, and shopping precinct, while Bourke Street, Southgate, the Crown Entertainment complex and Telstra Dome are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Agoda so you can book your Oaks on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Collins Street Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks On Collins Street Melbourne
- Oaks Collins
- Oaks Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks Melbourne