Stayed in the rooftop rooms which were quiet. The design of the room just didnt seem right. Cupboards felt like they were put in by someone that was over 6ft tool, couldnt really call it a balcony the couch was only several inches off the ground, no shelf above basin in bathroom but a big cabinet above the toilet !!!!!, and you have to take the stairs from the 18th floor if you are on the 19th or 20th, no help from staff when you arrive with bags.
Its one of those places that the rooms were just not designed right. It wasnt dirty or uncomfortable but a dissappointment for the amount you pay.
When we checked out early on Wedneday morning, reception was open but no one there (his shoes and jacket were behind the counter) I am surprised no one just walked off the street and helped themselves.
The question we always ask ourselves each time we travel, is would we stay there again on the next trip or recommend to others? the answer this time is, no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Collins is located in the heart of Melbourne’s business and financial centre, opposite Rialto Towers. Just outside the door is the city’s vibrant entertainment, restaurant, and shopping precinct, while Bourke Street, Southgate, the Crown Entertainment complex and Telstra Dome are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Oaks on Collins Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Collins Street Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks On Collins Street Melbourne
- Oaks Collins
- Oaks Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks Melbourne