There’s nothing extreme in this hotel – neither exceptionally good nor bad. I would say it’s an average mid-range hotel close to the city centre. The one thing that really stands out – the bathroom that I guess was meant to form sort of central feature of each room. Basically it was a single bedroom space with a glazed enclosure (aka bathroom) in the corner of the room with a door that you can’t lock. That looked a little weird... Surely it’ll be a bit of fun for romantic couples but is questionable for others.
On the other hand the central location is great especially for the price they offer rooms for. It is in the walking distance from the South Bank restaurants, train station and all other amenities that you might think of.
So after all the hotel is good but not the one that will pop into my mind when I’m thinking about booking a room in Melbourne.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Collins is located in the heart of Melbourne’s business and financial centre, opposite Rialto Towers. Just outside the door is the city’s vibrant entertainment, restaurant, and shopping precinct, while Bourke Street, Southgate, the Crown Entertainment complex and Telstra Dome are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Oaks on Collins Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Collins Street Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks On Collins Street Melbourne
- Oaks Collins
- Oaks Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks Melbourne