Good hotel, top spot in Collins St, CBD and close to the centre of town, walking distance to casino and convention centre.
Be wary of staying in any room that ends in 11. These are interior rooms with no outside windows. No clock! You wake up and have no idea if it is 3am or 9am. Hopeless if you have to be at a meeting (like I was) and sleep in. I guess that's why it was cheaper (booked on wotif.com)
Good sized room with kitchen facilities.
Good restaurant and bar.
Better value in other places though
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oaks on Collins is located in the heart of Melbourne’s business and financial centre, opposite Rialto Towers. Just outside the door is the city’s vibrant entertainment, restaurant, and shopping precinct, while Bourke Street, Southgate, the Crown Entertainment complex and Telstra Dome are a short stroll away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Oaks on Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oaks On Collins Street Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks On Collins Street Melbourne
- Oaks Collins
- Oaks Hotel Melbourne
- Oaks Melbourne