I've stayed in plenty of hostels, but this might be the worst of them all. First of all, THE KITCHEN IS TINY. You literally could not swing a cat in there. Secondly, the beds are so squeaky even a small movement will make a large noise.
Another annoyance was my key card to enter the room stopped working at least 3-5 times a day, so I would have to head back down the lift to reception again. And on the first night, the fire alarm went off at 8am the next morning. Thankfully a false alarm but nobody checked the building/our room and neither was there an announcement of any kind.
The rooftop area was nothing more than an empty rooftop. No chairs or anywhere to sit. And the cinema room was out of order for the entire three painful days I was there. The showers are barely warm and there's no shelves or anything to put any if your stuff.
The 6 bed dorm I was in was clean and had plenty of space. And the staff were helpful. Location is ok but there's better hostels in better locations Apart from that there was nothing good about this place. A seriously poor hostel.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Industry Backpackers Hotel Melbourne
- Nomads Industry Backpackers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nomads Melbourne is a backpackers offering travellers a unique backpacking experience. The totally refurbished building at 196-198 A'Beckett St, is located at the top end of the city, right in front of the Queen Victoria Market. With many popular Melbourne attractions, beautiful gardens, fantastic shopping and a wealth of public transport options close by, Melbourne at its best is at your doorstep. At Nomads Melbourne you can indulge in the luxury of a deluxe en-suite king room, relax in style in a single or multi-share private room, or meet your fellow travelers in a 4-10 share dormitory room. Nomads Melbourne will make your stay in Melbourne a breeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Nomads Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.