When I read past reviews about the sqeaky beds, I wondered what everyone's problem was...but having spent a week in the hostel in October 2012 I now know what they meant! They sqeak and shake as soon as you touch them which means whenever anyone is climbing in our out you're likely to wake everyone up no matter if you're in the top or bottom bunk!
The room we had was massive for a 10 bed dorm and there were plenty of toilets and showers within the corridor for everyone to use. The kitchen is a big let down to the hostel, it's ridiculously small for the size of the hostel and is always packed with people cooking. When we were there, there was someone cleaning it constantly which was good as there was no room for any dirty pots and pans on top of everything else in there. It's really well equipped and the reception has a few pots and pans behind the desk for when the kitchen runs out.
The bar area was really good, fantastic prices and a lively atmosphere. We spent a week here but had to move on as we struggled to find work. If we ever returned to Melbourne I'd consider staying here again as it's a pretty good location and was reasonably priced considering it's a city centre hostel.
- Also Known As:
- Nomads Industry Backpackers Hotel Melbourne
- Nomads Industry Backpackers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nomads Melbourne is a backpackers offering travellers a unique backpacking experience. The totally refurbished building at 196-198 A'Beckett St, is located at the top end of the city, right in front of the Queen Victoria Market. With many popular Melbourne attractions, beautiful gardens, fantastic shopping and a wealth of public transport options close by, Melbourne at its best is at your doorstep. At Nomads Melbourne you can indulge in the luxury of a deluxe en-suite king room, relax in style in a single or multi-share private room, or meet your fellow travelers in a 4-10 share dormitory room. Nomads Melbourne will make your stay in Melbourne a breeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Nomads Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.