As frequent visitors to Melbourne, we are always looking for great deals and great spots. We normally stay out a Carlton when we visit, but as we needed a 3 bedroom apartment this time, we needed to look elsewhere. Not being a fan of staying right in the Melbourne CBD, we came across the MSS Apartments and booked on the website.
Hear goes my review... The checkin was appalling, after a 5 hour drive, Melbourne peak hour traffic and 6 people (including 3 kids squeezed into a Partol) we just wanted to quickly checkin, unpack, relax and then find somewhere to eat. You have to actually fix up your account when you check in, as we had 3 people paying we had to find a park, unload half the car so we could all get out, wake sleeping kids up, walk from the car in the rain to their office area and check in, it was not an easy process either for the reservation to divide our account into 3??? We then were given instructions on which buliding we needed to go to and where our carpark was, all which were incorrect, so we walked up and down the street trying to find our number, that was after we drove up and down trying to find our allocated parking area, as Check in had told us the incorrect level. As it was never explained to us our apartment location, we only realised after day 2 that we could access the carpark area from our hotel.
The good news is we did get over this, once we got into our apartment. We booked a 3 bedroom with views for 5 nights, and it was well worth it. The apartments are large, the bedrooms a good size, the 2 bathrooms make it very convenient. The blinds needed to be replaced, as they do make the rooms look a bit run down, but apart from that cant really complain, noise wasnt an issue. There is a small pool, which is heated, plus a pretty good gym, if youve still got the energy to work out after wandering the streets of Melbourne. You are not even a 5 minute walk to the Southbank entertaining precient, cross a bridge over the Yarra and you are a Flinders Street Station, 10 minute walk to the South Melbourne Markets (great for fresh produce). Car parking is secure, $15.00 per day, we didnt take it our once, the public transport in Melbourne is so good!. Its a nice, clean safe area, for walking back from meals at night with young kids. Would definetly stay again, even after the checkin fiasco!!
- Also Known As:
- Melbourne Short Stay Apartments Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Short Stay Apartments Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home... Unlike traditional hotels, our stylish apartments offer all the space and comfort of home. Make the most of your stay in Melbourne by choosing one of our Southbank or CBD apartments. From just $179 per night, Melbourne Short Stay Apartments offers you a range of one, two and three bedroom quality executive style apartments for both the corporate and leisure traveller in a residential tower that gives you a feeling of home. Features include a fully equipped kitchen, separate living/dining area, comfortable bedrooms, laundry and private balcony. Guests have complimentary use of recreational facilities including indoor pool and gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Melbourne Short Stay Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.