We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 teenage boys), & stayed in a 2BR apartment on the 15th floor, for 5 nights in Dec 2012.
Firstly, the negative: .. via Trip Advisor, I found a great rate on Webjet, @$260p.n. I phoned MSSA direct, but was told quite abruptly that they could not match that price. I then (very politely) mentioned this seemed at odds with their Best Rate Guarantee: only then did they (reluctantly) agree to match that price. When i provided this feedback after my stay, to my surprise, Marcus, from their management team responded immediately with a full explanation, an apology & an offer of credit. My subsequent communications with Marcus indicated their focus & commitment to their customers: a great example of turning a somewhat negative first-impression into a really positive outcome. Highly commended!
As to the rooms: ....
We were in the Sentinel building in Kavanagh St. This had a fantastic tennis court (as well as a pool) which kept our boys busy 3 or 4 times each day. The apartments themselves were spotlessly clean, 2 very large bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.... The lounge/living area was very big, but was somewhat cut in half by the furniture arrangement. Regardless, heaps of room. Great view, no issues with sound unless you opened the windows - then, the usual city noises, but certainly this was not intrusive.
One weird thing: you need to have both the "light" switches on in the main bathroom, in order for the washer and/or dryer to work!!! We discovered this by trial and error: there should be signage to indicate this (again, management have committed to follow up on this)
We also had secure undercover parking for $16.50 p.n., which i thought was great by comparison to many other city apartments. I agree with earlier comments re Internet being charged for (no hotel should do this these days), altho if you book via Trip Advisor you may get this thrown in.
Overall, these apartments represent fantastic value for their size, location, and amenities. especially given the fantastic follow-up by their management team, i would not hesitate to stay here again next time i am in Melbourne. Definitely to be recommended.
- Also Known As:
- Melbourne Short Stay Apartments Hotel
- Melbourne Short Stay Apartments Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home... Unlike traditional hotels, our stylish apartments offer all the space and comfort of home. Make the most of your stay in Melbourne by choosing one of our Southbank or CBD apartments. From just $199 per night, Melbourne Short Stay Apartments offers you a range of one, two and three bedroom quality executive style apartments for both the corporate and leisure traveller in a residential tower that gives you a feeling of home. Features include a fully equipped kitchen, separate living/dining area, comfortable bedrooms, laundry and private balcony. Guests have complimentary use of recreational facilities including indoor pool and gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Melbourne Short Stay Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.