Our family (toddler & infant) have just returned from a very pleasant 4 night stay. Our apartment was on the 20th floor with views to the back and towards other skyscrapers. Their proximity to our tower was not of much concern to us as we are not the sort of people who care too much about our privacy. Our rate was $250 per night so we thought that was reasonable given that we had a two bedroom.
1. Great location – just 5 minutes walk to Crown Casino & walking distance to all major tram lines
2. Very spacious
3. Clean, quiet & great for kids with a two bedroom
4. Great in room dining menus
5. Complimentary check out until 12noon granted
6. Nice to have a pool deck
7. Self contained – washing machine, dryer etc
8. Handy corner store located on the corner of the street
1. The biggest problem is the venetian blinds in all rooms – VERY early wake up call for mum, dad and the kids – need to have some block out curtains!!Gets dark late and the sun is up early.
2. Lobby smells of Asia (but who really cares)
3. Only supplied with 6 towels for 5 nights – asked for two more, after some discussion with duty manager. Eventually received some as I was happy to pay. Rate charged $10
4. $40 room service charge if you want your apartment cleaned
Our recommendation would be to ask for a room on the street side if you want the city views and more privacy. I don't think it really matters how high up you are as you get a view regardless. Higher up on the street side may reduce the traffic noise if you like to sleep with open windows though. Might be an idea to get a room away from the rubbish shoot if you are staying for a long period of time. We believe each floor has one.
The staff at this establishment are not grat at replying to emails in much detail. We did find that on arrival though the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. They were more than happy to book our transfers to and from the airport and assist us with storage of baggage etc. We wanted to know what basic provisions were provided so we could stock up prior to our arrival. Here is a list of the basics:
- sachets of washing powder, dishwashing powder, tea, coffee, sugar; soap, shampoo, conditioner, 3 rolls of toilet paper and 6 towels for 4 people (no pool towels) This will get you by for 1-2 days. After that you need to bring your own.
Overall, we were very happy with this apartment. We would definitely stay here again if the same rate or better was offered. Wouldn't pay more for for the apartment, especially as it isn't serviced during our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home... Unlike traditional hotels, our stylish apartments offer all the space and comfort of home. Make the most of your stay in Melbourne by choosing one of our Southbank or CBD apartments. From just $199 per night, Melbourne Short Stay Apartments offers you a range of one, two and three bedroom quality executive style apartments for both the corporate and leisure traveller in a residential tower that gives you a feeling of home. Features include a fully equipped kitchen, separate living/dining area, comfortable bedrooms, laundry and private balcony. Guests have complimentary use of recreational facilities including indoor pool and gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Melbourne Short Stay Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melbourne Short Stay Apartments Hotel Melbourne