We stayed in the Southbank complex and although the apartments are a 10-15 minute walk from Federation Square, they're only 5 minutes from Southbank a buzzy area of restaurants and shops along the bank of the river, so although the street the apartment blocks are in is hardly lovely, it is pretty convenient if you're happy not to be right in the centre of things. And the views from our apartment (on the 30th floor) were sensational. The apartment itself was sparce but spacious (we were given a free upgrade from a 2 bed 1 bath, to a 2 bed 2 bath) and had everything we needed. The kitchen was well equipped, the bathrooms were clean (although the ensuite one was rather er, compact) and with good showers, the washing maching and tumble drier were easy to operate (and much used!), there was plenty hanging space (though no drawers and a limited number of hangers), a good (if not overly large) TV and music system, and the beds and sofas were comfortable. If we had any criticism it was that the bedding was a bit shabby, a couple of the sheets had small holes in them and both the blankets and the bedcovers were slightly torn. The staff were helpful and friendly whenever we spoke to them, and the DVD rental service from the conceirge was a welcome way to spend an evening in after a long day of sightseeing. The gym is small and the equipment limited and rather aged, and there's a tennis court and a good, clean pool - all on the 6th floor and free to residents for the period of their stay.
- Also Known As:
- Melbourne Short Stay Apartments Hotel Melbourne
- Melbourne Short Stay Apartments Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Make yourself at home... Unlike traditional hotels, our stylish apartments offer all the space and comfort of home. Make the most of your stay in Melbourne by choosing one of our Southbank or CBD apartments. From just $179 per night, Melbourne Short Stay Apartments offers you a range of one, two and three bedroom quality executive style apartments for both the corporate and leisure traveller in a residential tower that gives you a feeling of home. Features include a fully equipped kitchen, separate living/dining area, comfortable bedrooms, laundry and private balcony. Guests have complimentary use of recreational facilities including indoor pool and gymnasium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Olotels, Priceline, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Melbourne Short Stay Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.