“You won't be disappointed” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Thunder Bay, Canada
“You won't be disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

This is a beautiful, clean hotel in a great location in Melbourne. Service was excellent. Concierge helped me arrange a same day eye exam and eyeglass replacement (lost mine on the 15hr flight to Australia). Also arranged a Yarra Valley wine tour on very short notice.
The breakfast buffet was expensive but the best buffet I've ever experienced.
Fitness club, pool and spa are amazing! Good variety of cardio and weight equipment.
All in all, an excellent upscale hotel.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (737)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

Its a beautiful hotel that looks very classic. Check in was quick and easy. Our room had perfect views of the Yarra river and Southbank. Yes it costed 50 dollars extra but it was worth it as there was more room. I had such a memorial time for my birthday as a suprise gift from my Dad. Expensive but worth it.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Somerset West, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

The Langham is probably one of the best hotels in its class that I have had the good fortune to stay in. I recently stayed here during a business trip to Melbourne - simply outstanding! We have an office very close by so it is an ideal location for me and our company regularly uses the hotel.

The location of the place couldn’t be much better, right on the river front in the heart of Southbank, with loads of café’s, restaurants, bars, and a very lively night scene. There is a pedestrian bridge right in front of the hotel that leads across the river directly to the train station and the central business district. The edges of the river have been beautifully developed into parklands with paved bike paths running on both sides, ideal for running, walking, biking, etc., and the botanic gardens are only about 10min walk away.

The hotel is beautiful from the outside as well as within, with a very nicely decorated lobby area up the escalators. My room was larger than your average hotel room and included a small lounge area with comfortable couches and chairs – perfect for watching the huge plasma TV, complete with all the Sky channels. The room was very tastefully decorated, spotlessly clean, with all the modern amenities. I had a corner room with windows on 2 sides providing outstanding views over the river and across to the Melbourne CBD – magical at night! The king size bed was a little bit soft but I still had restful sleeps. There was a computer desk with a very fast internet connection. The bathroom was large and very luxurious, with separate shower and bath enclosures. Absolutely zero noise from the hallway or from outside, very relaxing.

I used the well-equipped gym daily – excellent facility with a good range of free weights, weight machines, and a dozen or so cardio machines. The 24 hour access was great, allowing for some late night or early morning workouts. There was also a pool but I unfortunately never got the chance to use it.

The breakfast buffet was, simply put, amazing! I looked forward to waking up every day and hitting the buffet. They have an tremendous variety of fresh fruit, all the normal breakfast options, plus a pancakes-n-ice cream station for the occasional decadent breakfast binge. Definitely the best spread I’ve seen in an Australian hotel.

Service was excellent as well, friendly doormen, reception staff, and cleaning crew always attentive to your needs. Check-in and check-out went smoothly and efficiently and all requests were immediately filled. Due to my flight times, I had requested early check-in and late check-out and this was not a problem for them.

I failed to find any faults with this hotel. I had a great experience here and will stay here again when I return next month. I highly recommend this hotel to all other travellers, for business or pleasure. Everything seems to have come together at the Langham to make it the number 1 choice in Melbourne. You can’t go wrong. For A$230 per night, it actually represents good value. I have paid more for a lot less in the past.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Adelaide, South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

We have always wanted to stay at this hotel and managed to book one of their 'Winter Hideaway' packages which was fantastic value for money. Very discreet hotel as front reception desk on a higher level. Staff were very helpful and friendly when we needed them. Breakfast was fantastic overlooking the Yarra river. Breakfast was a very busy time and we were told it was advisable to go early and although busy they never made us feel rushed.
Would love to have the opportunity to stay again.
Very central to all in Melbourne especially the National Gallery.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed at a river-view room, and it was definitely worth the additional $ for that view. The location's perfect - close to buses, trams etc and easy walking to Flinders Station for trains... as well as Southgate, Federation Square and the CBD for shopping / drinks / meals. There's plenty of things to do, very locally.

We found the staff friendly and attentive, and when we needed help from the Concierge, he went above and beyond. I'd definitely stay there again - perfect for a weekend away with your significant other!

WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

Over the last year our life revolved around our children, so this was a short trip where my wife and I got to spoil each other. From the minute we walked into the hotel lobby the attention to detail was sensational. The service was fantastic and nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff. As we were from interstate, the staff orgainsed and recommended restaurants for us to dine at. All were excellent choices. My wife wanted to shop in locations we didnt know how to get to, so one staff member David even offered for us to call him personally if we got lost and couldnt find out way back to the hotel.

These are the little things that make a good hotel great. We cant wait to return to the Langham Melbourne.

Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2009

The Langham Hotel was amazing!!! It was in a great location and the facilities were excellent. Every single staff member that we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for somewhere special to stay.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!