“Special treat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

Save Saved
You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Club & Suite Discount
Ranked #1 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Special treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Worth it even at this price for a special treat, staff were extremely good, walking distance to so many great restaurants, we saved heaps in taxi fares. Good bar and view of river pretty good too. Nothing really more to say, really enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

2,488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (639)
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at the Langham for our anniversary. We notified the hotel prior via email that our stay was for a special occasion. Upon check in, we were notified that we had been upgraded to the river view room. The room was gorgeous with a fantastic view. We were also delivered many little surprises during our stay. The chocolate cake, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room on separate occasions were so thoughtful and made us feel very special indeed. The reviews say this hotel has first class service and we couldn’t agree more. The breakfast the next morning was also fantastic, with many options to choose from in the buffet. Thanks to the hotel we definitely celebrated our anniversary in style! We will definitely be recommending this hotel to our family and friends.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Fortunately my wife & I get to stay here together and separately a few times a year at least and it is always perfect, especially the service, for which the Langham Hotels are consistently strong on. Food was great, superb location, gorgeous bed provides a perfect nights sleep, but the staff really make this place special!

Room Tip: Riverside room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

travelling around around Australia for our honeymoon so we decided to treat ourselves to two nights at the langham. Great breakfast, staff, location and atmosphere. The staff went above and beyond to make sure our stay was was enjoyable. Just a smile can lighten up your morning and the langham made our trip to to Melbourne!

• Stayed August 2013
Bairnsdale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My partner surprised me for my Birthday with the trip to Melbourne. I was absolutely wrapped with the quality of service and the eye for detail. Already at the check in the lady was so welcoming and friendly. As we entered the room the view over the river and the skyline of the city are breathtaking no matter how often you see it. The room was luxurious and clean. The concierge had organised a table at the Rockpool, my favourite Restaurant! When we came back we had little gift waiting for me. Thank you so very much to all staff that made our stay so special. We certainly will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over the weekend for a kid free break. We couldn't speak highly enough of the Langham hotel. Everything was done to perfection. From the moment we arrived to the minute we left, the staff were friendly, professional, and helpful. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. There were little things that were more than expected ie bottles of water next to the bed which were replenished everyday. The atmosphere in the hotel was really warm, elegant and 5 star. We found the location to also be very handy, as it was within walking distance to the Crown Casino aswell as having many restaurants/bars to choose from along the Yarra River. We would not hesitate in staying there again and would recommend it to anybody wanting to enjoy a lovely break at a reasonable price for a 5 star hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I travel to Melbourne about 5 times per year yet this was my first time staying at the Langham Hotel and I was looking forward to it as I have stayed at other Langham's around the world and consider the Langham Place in Mongkok Hong Kong the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Unfortunately this Melbourne sister hotel is no where near the same standards.

Firstly, why is a hotel still charging customers for wi-fi? It beggars believe and does nothing for their reputation just to make a tiny bit of revenue. We are not living in the 2000's anymore - 80% of hotels these days provide free wi-fi and those that dont are blatantly ripping off their customers.

Due to an early morning departure, I decided to have a night in and watch TV during my one night stay. About 20 mins into the viewing the TV the signal went out...then came back....and went out again. This went on all night...I must admit I never did call the concierge as I was in bed and didnt have faith something like a signal was going to be fixed anytime soon. So I decided to have an early night.

That was a school boy error...I had the worst sleep in a hotel ever. Yes the bed is comfortable and the air-con worked but that is where it ended. I was woken by several guests working past my hotel room who werent being particularly noisy but just talking softly. Then after about midnight all was quiet until the next door neighbor decided to go to sleep. His/her snoring kept me awake all night. Then they obviously had an earlier start than I did and watched TV which was perfectly audible through the wall....It's as if the walls are made of paper.

It didnt end there either. As I was trying to wake myself up in the shower I noticed a huge (i mean massive) clump of hair in the corner of the shower. It looked as though someone had unclogged a drain but forgot to take the blockage with them leaving a nice big black clump of hair.

To top it all off the receptionist in the morning asked how my stay was and I told her about the TV, the hair and the guy next door snoring and she said something like..."we can apologise for the hair and the TV but not the guy snoring next door as this isnt our fault".

I'm sorry but having paper thin walls is your fault. She did give me free parking but I dont think that really was enough compensation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ManagementMelbourne, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer us your valuable feedback following your recent stay at The Langham, Melbourne. We are delighted to hear of your praise for The Langham Place, Mongkok. We certainly appreciate your detailed comments as we aim to meet our guest expectations on every occasion. New guests to the hotel may joins our 1865 Loyalty Program on their first stay which includes complimentary standard broadband access. I am sorry you were not advised. Please accept my apologies for the service deficiencies with your television signal and the shower drain. We will certainly investigate and correct the faults. Your patronage is important to us and we look forward to ensuring that in the future your entire Langham experience will be pleasurable.

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!