“Oozes luxury” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Australia
“Oozes luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Fantastic hotel that oozes luxury. From the moment you step out of your car the staff can not do enough for you. We had a suite which was very well set out. The bed and pillow was superb. The hotel is directly opposite Flinders Street Station but your heard nothing of the trains or city night life. Location is great right on the Yarra - close to transport and the city. Joshua in the Club Lounge was lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel. We will definitely stay again the next time we are in Melbourne.

Room Tip: I think any would be fine.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (769)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This review is for mid September 2012, my wife and I stayed here for our wedding night. The hotel is great, the room was fantastic and it was great how the hotel allowed us to take photos there during our wedding day photo shoot (must be approved beforehand). However i must say that i was disappointed for one reason, the reason is that after paying $600+ for one night (spa suite), you would expect the buffet breakfast is at Melba Restaurant, instead our buffet breakfast was on a different floor and was no where near as good as the breakfast at Melba. I was told breakfast was included and assumed it will be in the hotel restaurant (as is the norm in 5 star hotels), instead my wife and I were in a room eating cereal on one of the upper levels. The Langham Hotel should've explained this to my properly as i was booking, i felt that this was a little misleading. My wife and I also felt that the staff never went out of their way to congratulate us or make us feel special, any other 5 star hotel in Melbourne would have done so.To pay over $600 for this, simply not worth it. For the same price you can stay Crown Towers were you are treated like royalty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Enter another world where the chaos of the day melts away on arrival. I had a very difficult day and checked in fully 'wound-up'. What charming service I received from the moment I got there. Lovely room with an amazing balcony and views of my town - Melbourne. I travel mainly for business so, the personal experience of this stay was going to be important. The Lanham and their wonderful staff did not disappoint. I will be back and recommend this hotel to everyone. Just lovely, soft, exclusive, calm, friendly and so efficient... Many thanks.

Room Tip: I chose one of seven rooms with a very generous balcony with outdoor furniture to relax. Great views...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times. I can not fault it.
Best hotel in Melbourne.
You enter the hotel to a magnificent chandelier and the scene is set. The decor in this hotel is luxe and just transports you to a different head space - truly time to be pampered and relax.
The staff are exceptional. They go above and beyond. Always friendly and willing to lend a hand.
Melba is amazing for buffet, and their champagne bar is perfect for high tea or the delectable chocolate buffet!
The rooms are so beautiful, and that bed.... Pure divinity to sleep on. Super clean and immaculately presented.
The location is perfect - walking distance to Crown and just far enough not to be in the hustle and bustle.
Love this hotel and I always recommend it to anyone who is going to Melbourne!

• Stayed May 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

It had been almost two years since I last stayed at the Langham so was pleasantly surprised to find that they still had my Langham membership details and preferences all ready when I arrived. I had a room at the end of the passage but which meant it had great views on two sides of the river and overlooked Flinders Station and downtown.

In actuality I found the walk from the hotel to Collins Street where most of the offices are was much shorter than I anticipated and the immediate adjacency to the South bank restaurants makes for almost a dozen 'in-house' restaurants.

Will definitely stick to the Langham in Melbourne

Room Tip: definitely a room with a view overlooking the river
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

As soon as we pulled up to the front door, we were treated like Kings and Queens. The Staff were professional, friendly, attended to ever need, went out of their way to ensure we had the best time. The food... where do I start, the best I think I have ever had. The room was stunning, loved the personal greeting on the TV as we walked in, everything was crisp, clean, and the view looking over the Yarra River was divine. Wait until you try the king sized beds!! cannot wait to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Australian in New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I like to give balanced fair reviews so I was trying to think of something constructive to write, perhaps an improvement that they could make but there isn't one. Our stay at the Langham was without fault. We arrived very early and they had a room ready for us. The staff were friendly helpful and spent time helping us even if it was late and even if they were busy. And they had a sense of humour. The rooms were immaculate, the beds comfy and spacious, the bathrooms modern. Breakfast was wonderful complete with chocolate fountain and even on a busy Fathers Day it all flowed (no pun intended) and was managed with poise. The Spa was a fabulous experience and highly recommended and sitting in the hot tub on the 9th floor admiring the view was a very nice way to pass some time. I loved the location. In the past we have stayed at The Blackman which we loved but this location is unbeatable. We were there to see the Monet Exhibition which was about 400m away if that. The famous laneways are just across the river and if the Casino is what you're after, it's just a 10 minute walk along the riverfront. I have already booked to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!