“Prepare for absolute Bliss!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

Save Saved
You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Club & Suite Discount
Ranked #1 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Prepare for absolute Bliss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Enter another world where the chaos of the day melts away on arrival. I had a very difficult day and checked in fully 'wound-up'. What charming service I received from the moment I got there. Lovely room with an amazing balcony and views of my town - Melbourne. I travel mainly for business so, the personal experience of this stay was going to be important. The Lanham and their wonderful staff did not disappoint. I will be back and recommend this hotel to everyone. Just lovely, soft, exclusive, calm, friendly and so efficient... Many thanks.

Room Tip: I chose one of seven rooms with a very generous balcony with outdoor furniture to relax. Great views...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

2,419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel numerous times. I can not fault it.
Best hotel in Melbourne.
You enter the hotel to a magnificent chandelier and the scene is set. The decor in this hotel is luxe and just transports you to a different head space - truly time to be pampered and relax.
The staff are exceptional. They go above and beyond. Always friendly and willing to lend a hand.
Melba is amazing for buffet, and their champagne bar is perfect for high tea or the delectable chocolate buffet!
The rooms are so beautiful, and that bed.... Pure divinity to sleep on. Super clean and immaculately presented.
The location is perfect - walking distance to Crown and just far enough not to be in the hustle and bustle.
Love this hotel and I always recommend it to anyone who is going to Melbourne!

• Stayed May 2013
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

It had been almost two years since I last stayed at the Langham so was pleasantly surprised to find that they still had my Langham membership details and preferences all ready when I arrived. I had a room at the end of the passage but which meant it had great views on two sides of the river and overlooked Flinders Station and downtown.

In actuality I found the walk from the hotel to Collins Street where most of the offices are was much shorter than I anticipated and the immediate adjacency to the South bank restaurants makes for almost a dozen 'in-house' restaurants.

Will definitely stick to the Langham in Melbourne

Room Tip: definitely a room with a view overlooking the river
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

As soon as we pulled up to the front door, we were treated like Kings and Queens. The Staff were professional, friendly, attended to ever need, went out of their way to ensure we had the best time. The food... where do I start, the best I think I have ever had. The room was stunning, loved the personal greeting on the TV as we walked in, everything was crisp, clean, and the view looking over the Yarra River was divine. Wait until you try the king sized beds!! cannot wait to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Australian in New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I like to give balanced fair reviews so I was trying to think of something constructive to write, perhaps an improvement that they could make but there isn't one. Our stay at the Langham was without fault. We arrived very early and they had a room ready for us. The staff were friendly helpful and spent time helping us even if it was late and even if they were busy. And they had a sense of humour. The rooms were immaculate, the beds comfy and spacious, the bathrooms modern. Breakfast was wonderful complete with chocolate fountain and even on a busy Fathers Day it all flowed (no pun intended) and was managed with poise. The Spa was a fabulous experience and highly recommended and sitting in the hot tub on the 9th floor admiring the view was a very nice way to pass some time. I loved the location. In the past we have stayed at The Blackman which we loved but this location is unbeatable. We were there to see the Monet Exhibition which was about 400m away if that. The famous laneways are just across the river and if the Casino is what you're after, it's just a 10 minute walk along the riverfront. I have already booked to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hobart Tas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

just had 1 night stay on footy finals weekend and the Langham was its usual 5 stars all the way. From the time we arrived we were welcomed by friendly check in staff and when we left we were farewelled with a smile. service is first class and for a 5 star hotel the value is excellent. Highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed September 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed at the langham this weekend with my daughter, well from our arrival to departure was excellent, the welcome on the footpath was friendly and efficient, then at check in once again very friendly, asked if we needed any information on what to do in Melbourne, then we get to our room , once again fantastic, very clean and very comfortable, all needs catered for, a proper good quality iron, and also a good quality hair dryer, and well appointed amenities in the bathroom, the towels also great quality

Comfy beds and great pillows

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!