“STILL OUR FAVOURITE” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

Save Saved
You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Club & Suite Discount
Ranked #1 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Brisbane
“STILL OUR FAVOURITE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

From the time you book until the time you depart you're looked after.

When you book over the telephone you talk to a friendly person who speaks good English. The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. The beds are clean and so comfortable. The buffet breakfast is by far the best we have ever experienced. We find the location of the hotel to be excellent (although this depends on your personal preference).

But what appeals to us most about the Langham Melbourne is the service. The staff here are friendly and nothing is too much trouble for them.

The Langham Melbourne is still our favourite!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (665)
Sale, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Our stay at the Langham was terrific. From the first experience of being greeted in valet parking to the last upon leaving and getting in the car, every member of staff were friendly and went out of their way to assist and/or ask if there is anything they can do. My 3 year old boy was acknowledged by the staff and the interaction was genuine. The rooms were well appointed with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The Melba restaurant upstairs was beautiful, we had dinner and lunch there. The variety of food available was superb. The chocolate fountain a huge hit. Recommend this hotel and we will be back next time in Melb.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Had stayed at the Langham Hotel in London and it was simply amazing. So when i wanted to go to Melbourne I immediately looked up the Langham Group and decided to stay at their sister property.
Had flown into Melbourne quite early and dropped my bag at the hotel, arrived back at the hotel around 1pm. Check in is at 3PM. The receptionist wasn't sure if a room was ready. Lucky for me there was room ready. Had booked a river view room and that was what I got. Unfortunately it took 45minutes for my bag to be brought to my room after I checked in. Lucky I wasn't in a hurry,

Breakfast was included in my rate and it had a large variety of food offered. It was a buffet service unlike the hotel in London. The pastries where mostly fresh- except for one day the croissants where a little stale. There was also a chocolate fountain that is in use for the breakfast serving but really isn't needed for breakfast. Didn't see one person using it!!

Whilst at the hotel i treated myself to a spa treatment which was delightful! the pool was heated and large enough to swim laps in.
The bed was comfy and luxurious, relatively good sound proofing but then again I'm a deep sleeper.
Paying for WIFI is simply ridiculous and is $40.00 per day seems outrageous. it amazes me how many hotels do it in Australia compared to overseas. Also beware there is a credit card surcharge if you pay your bill by using credit card! Again ridiculous and aggravating considering the prices The Langham charges.

Overall it is a good hotel located in Melbourne and is close to the CBD. London. This hotel did not meet my expectations after staying in its sister property in London- it is the small things that make hotels stand out from the crowd and draw people back, like turn down service in London would put chocolates on the pillow. Here in Australia you get a bottle of water. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Langham in London again. But the one in Melbourne- I would seriously think about it before I booked to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
ManagementMelbourne, Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re pleased to read that our Guest Service Agent was able to accommodate you earlier than expected and that you were delighted with the treatment in our Chuan Spa Day spa and the Melba breakfast. Our chocolate fountain is very popular with our younger guests at any time of the day.

We apologise for the confusion you may have received with respects to our Internet charges. Please be advised that our standard internet price is $4.95 per day. Furthermore we offer complimentary standard internet for those who join our 1865 loyalty programme which also includes late checkout amongst other benefits.

All our terms and conditions of business are on our website, which lists our charges before you book. We always like to provide options for our guests and for your information there are no service fees on EFTPOS cards for payment.

I am delighted that you experienced our evening turndown service which includes refreshing your room with new towels, tidying of your belongings, laying out slippers by the bed, and a bottle of complimentary water. This is offered to all our guests, unlike most hotels in Australia.

As a 5-star hotel we pride ourselves on delivering genuine service with poise and want to assure you of our commitment to delivering a top class hotel. We do hope to welcome you back soon.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed in July 2013, and found this hotel lush with a touch of age about it.
3 nights we stayed in a terrace suite level 23, this room is a great option if your partner is a smoker as the terrace is huge, well equipped with wicker furniture very comfortable and the view is amazing of the city and river. Our room was very comfortable the king bed was Very good and the bathroom was very nice a warm. Room service excellent food and quick service and polite, breakfast was in the club lounge Very average. Dinner buffet was dissappointing as the seafood was rubbish, roast good, Chinese the chef was never there, Indian dont like , japan food ok. Cheese platter always empty, desert ok, tip don't eat here there are so many great restaurateur in Melbourne. Check in and out good and valet excellent, as this is the number 1 ranked hotel in Melbourne this is why we stayed and if that is the best Melbourne has to offer Melbourne is in trouble. Don't get me wrong we enjoyed the langam but we wanted the best , paid for the best but the best was no where delivered here. We would stay here again after we tried a few other places like crown, Sofitel, Hyatt .

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed here with my young daughters wanting good location, good service and comfort. The Langham ticked every box and more. We got a great deal from the hotel website. The staff were welcoming and considerate, the rooms comfortable and beautiful, the location excellent and the food superb. My daughters felt like princesses and can't wait to return. It made our Melbourne trip very special.

• Stayed July 2013
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is one of my favourite hotels in Melbourne.

Everything about the hotel is excellent. From little touches like the nightly bottle of water and slippers next to the bed, to the great staff.

The rooms all have a feel of quality that you don't often get in many hotels.

The gym and pool area are also excellent with a great range of equipment.

All round one of the best hotel experiences I have had in a long time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

As a vegan I needed to book ahead to cater for my needs and the Langham did not fail us. at every turn they made sure I had something suitable to eat, and it was always delicious.

The service itself was excellent, we were made to feel genuinely important each and every time we visited the lounge. In particular by Suzanne who definitely deserves a special mention.

The suite had a fantastic view, very comfortable furniture and a wonderful spa complete with salts. I was very sad that I had to leave to go home.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!