“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

Save Saved
You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Club & Suite Discount
Ranked #1 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had two perfect nights at the Langham and are return guests because of the excellent experience the previous time we stayed here. The hotel is in a very convenient location within easy walking distance to the CBD and exhibition and theatre locations. While my husband attended to business there were plenty of nearby attractions for me.

From the moment we arrived the staff were very professional, courteous and helpful. Our room on level 7 was elegant and comfortable with a great view over the Yarra River towards the city. It was very reasonably priced. We will be back! Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

2,442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (620)
Jaipur, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Simply put, our stay was heavenly! Never had to strain for a single detail...be it checkin/out, concierge, buffet, chuan spa, buffet breakfast. Everything was catered to lovingly by the great staff here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

If quality and attention to detail are your thing, then this is the place for you. The hotel has a WOW factor as soon as you are greeted at the front door. Absolute luxury everywhere you look, right down to the gold patterned elevator doors. The thing that really seperates this hotel from other 5 star hotels in the area is the staff. From the cleaners, to the front door staff, they all actually look like they enjoy working there. Every single one greets you on every occasion and always ask whether they can assist you or make your stay better. I don't normally go for this level of pampering, but I was really impressed with the people here - first class!
The rooms are well appointed with good amenities and the beds are just super comfortable. There are little touches by the staff here that make you smile like slippers turned out by the side of your bed every night and the next days weather forecast left for you on a card. We stayed on the 22nd floor and had no noise disturbance from outside or in - perfect. If I had to pick a fault, the shower pressure is just OK, but if that's the worst thing you've got to look forward to - oh well!
The location is also spot on, being right in the middle of Southbank. The arts centre is close and there are about 100 restaurants on the Southbank strip right outside your door. The city is just across a footbridge on the Yarra river.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a club river view room. The club facilities on the 24th floor are exceptio...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at The Langham, Melbourne and it was amazing! My only regret was booking in for 1 night - we would have loved to have stayed for longer. The service in the Club Lounge was beyond exceptional, as well as in the restaurant, Melba. Looking forward to spending our next special occassion at this wonderful hotel, or going for another weekend getaway!

Room Tip: The club spa suites are relaxing and very quiet - great for a peaceful sleep!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've stayed here a few times for work, all marble and Langham trade mark pink which I've thought must always be a bit disconcerting for men. The location is great - close to all that Southbank offers as well as the art gallery and an easy walk across the bridge to the city. The rooms are comfortable, bathrooms well appointed and the breakfast is one of the best with chefs at different 'stations' or prepare omelettes etc to your taste. It just feels a bit over the top for my taste but this is the Langham experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
ManagementMelbourne, Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We appreciate your thoughts on our corporate colours however we have designed the rooms and the public areas to be classically elegant, reminiscent of the first grand hotel, The Langham, London which was built in 1865.

We are committed to delivering a top class hotel and trust that you left with great memories hope we can welcome you back.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Langham Hotel ( Melbourne) has not been awarded the "Best Australian Hotel" for 2013 for no reason! I recently spent 4 nights there needing a much needed break and recharge of the batteries and I was not disappointed in anyway that I chose the Langham! From the moment I arrived my stay went seamlessly. From check in, to concierge, 'my' room, the Bed, the River view, the club, the Chuan Spa, room service, Melba's, housekeeping, the position and above all the Staff were all simply outstanding! The Staff without a doubt (in my experience) are the backbone to the Langham's wonderful reputation. They excelled in all areas especially in the Club Room who without exception could not be more attentive and welcoming! They really provide a 'home away from home' atmosphere never forgetting your name or preferences for beverages/ food and nothing is too much trouble! It was a joy to stay at the Langham and althought it was my first visit now as a 1865 member it will certainly not be my last!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Launceston, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I had rang to book a room with 2 double beds as there were 3 of us staying back in March 2013. Whilst I kept the reservation number and confirmed my booking as this is a habit I always do I was still surprised on check in that we had only been reserved a room with 2 single beds. After much discussion with reception the best they could do was push the 2 single beds together and then give us a roll away bed as the 3rd bed. The 2 single beds pushed together were vastly different as 1 was soft and 1 was firm so they didn't quite join properly. I found the lady on reception to be somewhat pleasant in trying to resolve the issue but no real empathy and lack of apology for the error. The stay itself was lovely, very close to all attractions, beautiful hotel lobby and rooms quite tasteful but not overly modern. Upon departure we were double charged as the staff member on departure did not remove the previous bank authorisation which resulted in a delay with my credit card, once this was bought to their attention it was rectified. I may stay here again however my preferred hotel in this area is Crown Towers.

Room Tip: Double check your booking, particularly if by phone and I would recommend the river rooms, beautiful...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your important feedback. We’re delighted to read that our location near attractions such as Federation Square, Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and our hotel lobby was a highlight of your stay.

We do understand that your stay was disrupted by the confusion that must have come from when booking with our reservations team. We are pleased that our front office staff we able to think quickly to resolve the sleeping issue as we understand on that night we were fully booked. However, will be discussing your experience with our reservations and front office staff to ensure your future stays exceed your expectations.

As a 5 star Langham hotel we pride ourselves on delivering genuine service with poise and we want to assure you of our commitment to delivering a top class hotel. We hope to welcome you back.

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!