“Had our wedding here.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

Save Saved
You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Club & Suite Discount
Ranked #1 of 170 hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Had our wedding here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had my wedding here on the 6th of April and it was an absolute delight. From the moment we booked Zanya (wedding co-ordinator) was a pleasure to deal with. Nothing was ever to hard. The food was so delicious and there was so much of it. No complaints from our guest saying there wasnt enough food. Also the staff were very prompt on topping up the beers and wine. Normally when you go to wedding the staff are very slow on topping up the drinks but not here. Our room (which we were up-graded too) was on the 24 floor which had the best views of Melbourne. In the morning we enjoyed the buffet breakfast which was the besst cure for my hangover :)

Cant fault the Langham and I would highly recommend having your wedding here if you are planning one or better still stay overnight. you wont be dissappointed.

2,514 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (647)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Very impresses with our stay. The hotel is great at the finer touches. We purchased the package that included break fast, afternoon tea and niblles and drinks in late afternoon. This package was great as the room is on the 24th floor and has a great view of the Yarra. We had friends that satyed at another hotel and had to go go out for Breafast lunch and dinner and it cost them a furtune and we didnt need to go out at all and had the convenience of the hotel. All the staff are very friendly and professional, and have the attitude that they want to help and not just doing becase they have to. From our room service giving us more tea when they saw us as they noticed we drunk quite a bit the night before to when an elevator arrives at a floor and a staff menber holds oepn the door for you to enter, I cant fault their service. Used the pool facilities as well. Steam room and sauna great, only issue is that you have to enter through the change rooms so you can only go tho the mens or womens so cant be in it with your partner. Spa is great and huge and next to the pool area. The only thing that the hotel needs is the pool area upgareded as it looks a bit tired, but they are doing this in April/May 2013 so keep this in mind when you book incase you have no access to the pool or Spa.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Orbost, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My husband and I were treated to a night at the Langham as a Christmas present and I can honestly say it was the most wonderful present we have received. We went to our first ever concert and spent the night at The Langham where we were treated like royalty. All the staff members from the reception staff to the restaurant staff and the room service staff were incredibly friendly, professional and generous. The food in the Melba Restaurant (we had dinner and breakfast) was amazing! My biggest problem was trying to decide what to have!!! Our room was exquisite. It was spotless and luxurious. The king bed was divine! I would absolutely recommend this amazing hotel to anyone wanting a little pampering. I only wish I had more time to explore the rest of the facilities including the pool and day spa they have.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Langham was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. I spent 3 nights at The Langham while attending a training program in Melbourne. From the beautiful foyer and welcome from the staff to the luxurious rooms, paisley pink amenties, bathroom, bed and facilities I could not fault it. We were offered a great rate for buffet breakfast and it was one of the nicest I have had - the design of the buffet, the beautiful selection of food, the onsite chef to make my omelette and the lovely views provided the perfect start to the day. The location on the banks of the Yarra was perfect for walking proximity to the city, restaurants and shopping. I have told my husband that we definitely need to go there together next time. Can't wait!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I am travel agent in South Australia, who decided to take my partner to Melbourne for our anniversary. I cannot recommend the Langham in Melbourne more highly! Andrew & Kayla from reservations were outstanding each time I dealt with them. The room was spacious & the epitome of luxury. And what absolutely made our trip was the amazing attention to detail. From the moment we walked in each staff member treated us beautifully - and made the extra effort to acknowledge our special day. The breakfast we enjoyed the following morning had the best variety of choices I have every seen, from any first class hotel I have visited. And the location is second to none - along the river front, & within walking distance to everything that Melbourne has to offer. I know for a fact that there is NO other property that I could recommend to all of my clients before the Langham in Melbourne.

Boston USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at The Langham while visiting friends and we could not have been happier. From the time we arrived until our departure we received prompt and courteous service. We had a large comfortable room with a great view of the Melbourne skyline. The reaction to any request was so fast that it was if they had people personally assigned to our room. We particularly enjoyed the Aria bar where they had a large selection of beverages and light meals. Try the Beef Skewers with Béarnaise Sauce. The spa, pool and ninth floor sun deck were all excellent. As the heading says, The Langham is everything a first class hotel should be.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband, baby and I needed an escape from Sydney and the Langham was a true oasis for us.

We stayed in a Club River Corner room. It was not huge but decent enough. The bed was ok, but lumpy in the middle where it appears the bases were joined. The toiletries were very good. The rooms were quiet and the view was first class.

The afternoon tea was splendid as was the view in the Club Lounge. Scones, chocolate sauce and fresh strawberries was a daily delight. Our baby dined on handfuls of strawberries and was well looked after by the staff. On one occasion the baby was unwell, and we were quite worried about her. I was promptly advised of the nearest pharmacy and GP by the lounge staff. They also followed up on us the next day.

In addition, the evening drinks and breakfast was good in the club lounge. Not over the top but you can always go downstairs to Melba's for a fancy Buffett. I believe there is a chocolate fountain at breakfast!

Overall, I commend the staff. The customer service of everyone in the lounge was excellent. They all seemed to actually like their jobs. The spa/pool staff were friendly and I liked the tour of the facilities.

I would stay at The Langham Melbourne again.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!