“Glad we returned” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

Save Saved
You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Club & Suite Discount
Ranked #1 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
“Glad we returned”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

12 months ago had a very unpleasant experience but as we had been a regular previously we decided to give them another chance. We booked a club terrace and have to say it was great. Can see the work done in the refurbishment as the floor we were on seemed brighter as did the room. Two minor complaints the pillows were too soft and the bathroom is a little on the small side. When we had to deal with a staff member they were extremely friendly. Another minor issue we took advantage of the quick check out and was told we would be sent the breakdown of costs that evening we are still waiting several days later. Glad we tried again and we will return.

• Stayed December 2012
Andrew D, Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback . I am delighted to hear that your stay in our renovated Club Terrace room was to your liking and that our staffs were friendly. We do have other options for firm pillows with our housekeeping department and we will also make a note of your requirements for your next visit to the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in sending out your itemized account following your Express Checkout, we will have this resolved shortly. Thank you for your support of The Langham Melbourne and we look forward to welcoming you back.

2,449 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (623)
Chippenham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Arrived late at night from UK and were greeted by friendly staff who then showed us to our room. Well appointed and comfortable. River view at extra cost. Great location within easy walking distance of centre of Melbourne. Good staff. Room not spectacular but certainly copes very well if arriving late at night
Slight grumble was that why do you have to pay extra for wifi as a guest when already paying over $300 a night. Only really penalises foreign visitors as presumably Australian guests able to pick up emails etc as part of their smart phone package. Can even get free wifi in the middle of the city at federation square and at lots of the shopping malls which is no slower than the one offered at the Langham

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My young daughter and I stayed the weekend as a special mother daughter treat and were impressed not only by the lovely room (just the right size with everything you need - including an umbrella to cater for unpredictable Melbourne weather) but delighted by the wonderful staff who made our stay very special. Nothing was too much trouble, a room upgrade was an unexpected surprise and the restaurant staff attentive and caring. My 6 year old and I plan on making this an annual event!

Room Tip: River view rooms made for a beautiful view over the city.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed for a night on the way to a country wedding and on arrival were immediately impressed by the genuine, friendly and intelligent service provided from the doorman to the reception staff. Our room was spacious, well appointed and very comfortable. We didn't ask for or want a view as our stay was so short but if you are staying longer then I'd suggest requesting a view of the city as that would be impressive being right on the river.
We selected the hotel as it was close to the city and the restaurants we were visiting with friends so we found it an easy stroll across the Yarra river on the pedestrian bridge so we didn't use many hotel facilities on this stay.
Valet parking was very accomodating as we wanted to drop the car fro ten minutes then go out again and they kept it at the front door to save time. A nice touch was a complimentary bottle of water in the car when we picked it up from valet parking.
We will definitely be staying again next time we visit Melbourne.

Room Tip: Go for a view!
geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

I have never been treated so well at any hotel in Melbourne!!
I booked online and when I got there I was upgraded and because I was hot and tired after a long drive they walked me to my room. It is a big hotel and the thought of finding lifts and my room which had a 4 digit number was exhausting. The room was 'nice'. A floral chintzy mish mash. You could imagine yourself being in the USA as they have this decor.
it was kind of cheesy homley and acres of old now tired marble in the bathroom.
I have no idea what the decor is and the art is terrible. It is an improvement however from the old days when it was a very tired sheraton. so fire the interior designer immediately and start again. The bath was not pristine etc so I called house keeping and they fixed it ASAP. I was on business and when I returned later that evening my room had been turned down. All towels replaced. Slippers and water by the bed etc it was lovely. All staff greet you in a friendly manner and the car man had put water in my car for the trip home. My breakfast was at my room in 10 mins. The views of the yarra river are spectacular.
Whilst the decor is not as good as crown, the westin or art series hotels the customer service makes you feel like royalty so much better than anywhere else. Great value and I would stay here again. I did not use the spa but I read the brochure and it looks fabulous. They made me feel very valued and special as their guest and I drove away tired and hot because i had a very late night but happy with my water and a warm fuzzy feeling that you get when people are lovely to you.

• Stayed December 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We stayed here on our wedding night, and we absolutely loved it. The quality of the service was extremely impressive, and the room itself was clean, well-equipped, and well furnished. The bathroom was a particular highlight. We were upgraded to a river view grand room from a basic grand room since it was our wedding night. We had spectacular views of Flinders Street Station and Federation Square. We also went for a dip in the pool which was nice, heated and indoors.

When we returned from the wedding ceremony, we had been left a piece of chocolate cake with 'congratulations' written on the plate, and a letter saying "and they lived happily ever after". It was a really really nice touch.

I will stay here again on special occasions. Even though I live in Melbourne, this is a great 'holiday' destination.

Room Tip: the river view room has great views of the city.
Australind- WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Langham recently, from the moment you are greeted by the doorman and walk in you can delight in the opulence, we had a grand river view twin room which looked over the river and across to the city, the room was fantastic the bathroom large with wonderful pressure in the large shower the bathroom was spotlessly clean with lots of lovely goodies supplied these were of a high quality.
The beds and pillows are simply divine so comfortable after a long day shopping, room service was excellent and on one occasion when we had to wait more than 30 minutes for coffee to arrive we were not charged as we were told that it was unacceptable for us to have to wait so long.
We had the buffet breakfast at Melba's although I have no real complaints we found it to be somewhat average in comparison to breakfast provided at some of the other top Melbourne hotels. We made use of the Chuan spa while we were staying at the Langham and I cannot praise it highly enough it was excellent with knowledgable staff and a wonderful peaceful ambience, the gym was well equipped and the spa a pleasure to use, I felt on a personal level that the pool although very functional was somewhat out of place with the style and class of the rest of the hotel it was just so uninspiring but again this is my personal opinion.
All staff we had contact with were genuinely friendly and nothing was too much trouble, we would stay here again in a heartbeat and would not hesitate to recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: The grand river view rooms are wonderful a delight at night looking over the lights of Melbourne
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!