“The Langham Melbourne well worth going to.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Canberra, Australia
“The Langham Melbourne well worth going to.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

the hotel is magnificent to stay at as its close to the restaraunts and night life of the yarra and close to casino the mcg just very central to everything.
the rooms are terrific and the dining there has many choices.
this is a hotel you should put on your list to stay at when in Melbourne and once you do that may then be the only hotel you want to stay at.
cheers

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Langham Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (856)
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

From the moment you enter this hotel it has a very grand feeling to it. All the staff where very helpful and also a great location. I have stayed at a few hotels in my time and this would have to be up there with best. A nice touch was the complimentary water put on your bedside at night. A truly wonderful Hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Blackpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

.......and so it should be at the price!

Great hotel, great breakfast, great location. It's hard to find fault here apart from the fact I have got lazy recently and do not carry travel plugs, due too most 5* hotels these days having international sockets. Anyway after a quick call to reception it turned out there was one in the mini bar for free use so they had even thought of that.

Stunning lobby and the service is first class, rooms are old but very very nice and not dated.

Highly recomended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were staying in The Langham for our ten year anniversary. The hotel was elegant and the rooms were amazing. We had a corner river room which had fantastic views of the Yarra and the city. We got room service and the food was supurb! We would recommend it to any romantics who want a night without the kids :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nelson Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is the first time that my Wife and I have stayed at this hotel and we are both sure that it won't be the last.
The decor, rooms and staff are the very best. Bathrooms are huge
Club lounge is ideal for rest and relaxation at the end of a busy day
Breakfast was superb
A fantastic experience

Room Tip: We had room 2419
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Newmarket, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Perfect location for "tennis junkies" during Australian Open. High end with copy/trade marked pink on everything, good food and only 10 min away by water taxi or 30 min walk from Rod Laver arena. Staff is perfect, rooms very comfortable with great views. Right on the river, lots of restaurants and bars around, busker performances on the river bank for hours every day. Metro and street car stops few minutes away, huge open air Victoria Market 10 minutes by street car or 30 min walk. Spent 4 hours there + a bunch of cash (and I am not a "shopper"), with a couple of beers in between...). Will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
South East
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here in November for three nights and I have to say what a brilliant hotel it is, from the doorman's first greeting right through to the people who look after the Club Lounge where I had breakfast each day.

My first impression was of a slightly old fashioned establishment by that I mean, great service, attention to detail, genuine kindness, courtesy and a breath of fresh air when it comes to a large hotel. I felt like a guest, not a number. From the moment I stepped out of the cab and the doorman greeted me I realised I had found a gem of a place to stay.

Now if you are looking for a boutique hotel for under 25's this is possibly not your first port of call in Melbourne but for a mature business traveller this hit the spot in so many ways.

Loved the location and the view, handy for the centre of the city yet far enough away to make it seem restful. Watching the scullers on the river made me feel like I was staying in a real place with a real centre and was so much better than I expected..

When I checked out people seemed sorry to see me go and a senior member of staff helped me with my bags and as the doorman was busy with another patron hailed a cab and put me in it himself, thank you.

If I was the GM of this hotel I would not be able to praise my staff enough, but I am sure they do. Melbourne for me was The Langham and would I stay again in Melbourne? Yes! I like real hotels not plastic places. So if you are 40 something you'll love it, or someone who knows good service when you get it, run at their sliding entrance doors as soon as you can. You'll deserve it.

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the higher floors and ask for a river view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
ManagementMelbourne, Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for your review of The Langham Melbourne.
We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and that our staff offered genuine service and care. Our location on the banks of the river Yarra has easy access to the arts precinct, great restaurants, the sports arenas as well as the city center. Thank you for your kind words with regards to our staff who will be very encouraged to receive such praise. It is through such encouragement that the team constantly strives to meet and exceed our guest expectations in our quest for service excellence. You can certainly count on us to ensure your future stays will be as memorable as the last one.

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!