“Our stay at Langham” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Sydney, Australia
“Our stay at Langham”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for one night at Langham, the hotel's beautiful and service is great. If you like old charm then this is the perfect place for you, the rooms were nice however I found the bathrooms needed updating and were on the smaller side. They even sent up a slice of mud cake which was really sweet and thoughtful. Breakfast buffet was good but I found Hilton buffet in Sydney is better. I'm not sure if it's value for money as we also stayed in Sofitel for cheaper and found that more value for money, maybe if they made aome changes to the rooms, then it would be. if it's for a romantic trip definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
DavidLM_LanghamMelb, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review us. Our hotel is renowned for its classic charm and our decorating style highlights a timeless look and feel. It’s good to hear that you’d recommend us for a romantic destination – we hope you have the chance to enjoy our atmosphere and service again.
David Landis-Morse
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (865)
  • Thai first
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very good hotel! My girlfriend and I (we're from Melbourne) celebrated a special occasion here at the Langham and we loved it. It's a very nice full service 5-star hotel with all the standard 5-star bells and whistles (newspapers, 24hr room service, turndown service) but I don't think it has that 'wow' factor that certain other hotels have. Top 5 definitely, but I think the tripadvisor community is a bit misleading ranking it #1 in Melbourne - I'd personally rank Crown and Grand Hyatt higher, but that's just me.

PROS:
- Amazing buffet breakfast and even more incredible buffet lunch. Probably the best hotel buffets in Melbourne. Even if you don't stay the night here, you really should try these buffets. It also comes with great views of the Yarra river.
- Incredibly comfortable bed with very soft pillows.
- Friendly staff
- Good pool & spa & gym/relaxation area (spa could warmer, although I'm being a bit nitpicky).

No major cons. It just didn't wow us in the way a #1 hotel in a major city should. The pool area is nice without being amazing. The rooms are also nice but nothing to rave about. Except the incredible buffet breakfast and buffet lunch!!!!!

Would I stay again for a romantic getaway? Definitely, if for nothing but the food! But would I compare with other properties too? For sure.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just had two perfect nights at The Langham, from the moment we arrived until we checked out cannot fault anyone or anything, loved it and will definitely return. Should not single out staff but concierge on arrival and young lady at reception were delightful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Danville, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

The physical hotel is beautiful and the rooms are generous and comfortable. The location is perfect! Right next to the river. But what really sets this hotel apart is the fabulous staff! Everyone was friendly, helpful and accommodating. Especially Guest Services, who assisted me in getting a doctor's appt within 15 minutes of my request! Well done!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Always a pleasure to visit, food in the Melba Resturant is exceptional and service staff warm and welcoming, always warm and friendly, they are eager to help and nothing is a problem. We have visited often and always feel pampered and appreciated. An easy walk to the theatres and Southbank the gardens and of couse the Boutique shopping of the Arcades.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Club Privileges rooms, definitely worth the money
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

this hotel is truly great. i actually prefer the crown towers as i prefer my hotels more modern and darker. however this hotel is really luxurious. it is much more classic and elegant than other nearby areas, and i think thats what sets it apart. the staff are amazing, the views are to die for. the rooms....well they were good (not as good as crown) but some people might prefer them to crown of sofitel. the location is great. nearby convenience store....right next to the observation sky deck....taxis at your door....restaurants and the river a stones throw. the restaurants in-house, although VERY expensive, are simply superb. even my friend eats there from time to time and shes a local!! 5 stars well deserved.

Room Tip: try and upgrade to a room facing the river
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I would recommend the Langham Hotel to anyone - from the gentlemen who were so friendly that greeted us in the foyer to the maids - to the waiting staff. I could go on and on and on and still not have enough room to tell you what a wonderful experience it was for our 50th Wedding anniversary. I didnt want it to end. We were upgraded and a special platter with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate with strawberries and chocolate gateau and cream and white chocolate delivered to the door. I cant speak highly enough of the hotel - and the food - well it was out of this world and so much variety - I have only been once but I think I will put it on my bucket list of things I want to do again. From check - in to check-out I cant speak highly enough of this great hotel.

Room Tip: Book a river view room - it is well worth it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!