“Amazing Last Minute Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Perth, Australia
“Amazing Last Minute Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I booked to stay at the Langham in Melbourne the day before we arrived. I'd managed to book a twin rather than a King room, but this was all sorted at the desk and we were given a City view room (had to pay for this, but view was worth it). The room was luxurious and well appointed, the bed the comfiest I've slept in in years! So much so that when we arrived home I contacted the Langham to enquire into where I could buy the bedding! (From them directly...)

We loved staying here, close to everything and great service. It's pricey, but then for a romatic quick getaway from Perth it was perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (867)
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

3 of us decided to celebrate my birthday by staying in Melbourne at the Langham. What an experience. We could not have been more spolit and felt more decadent! The hotel is of the highest standard and nothing was too much trouble for the staff who were all friendly, polite and professional. We were greeted like old friends. The breakfast in the Melba restaurant was the best we have had in any hotel in Melbourne. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone looking for 5 star accommodation and dining.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a corner room which was fantastic and a great size for 3 single beds.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I [sounds like HRH] decided to have 3 days/3 nights R&R in Melbourne.

We chose The Langham, Melbourne on the basis that it is a top-rated hotel, we have stayed there before and loved the experience, it is on the Southbank and walking distance to CBD and shops/cafes and main attractions and the SkyBus will drop you at front hotel door at no additional cost. In essence we could relax and enjoy the luxury that the hotel offers and just walk to whereever, whenever. Perfect and it was.

Bedroom good size and the beds were 'oh so comfortable' - hubby snored all night in delight.
Shower you can walk into and towels thick and fluffy and 4 per day. Quiet

Melba breakfasts were fantastic. Eggs cooked how you want - try the 'egg white omelete' - protein and very healthy. Fresh fruit and lovely Bircher Muesli. Dont forget to look for the big slab of pure honeycomb honey - you have to cut it out and then can take it away to spread on your muffin - wonderful!!

Each night we enjoyed drinks in Aria Bar - took away the soreness from the feet instantly. Had a Champagne Bellini one night and it was great.

Service from time you walk in door to exit is perfect and what you would expect from topclass hotel.

Dont forget to vist the spa and steam rooms on level 9 - great way to relax at end of day

"So was it worth the money - most definitely because we felt pampered, and enjoyed the food/wine and great sleeps". Once again, location perfect!

Well done Langham - we will be back for more R&R

TIP: Take the SkyBus from outside airport Terminal [follow the signs] - buy a return ticket. When you hop off at the SkyBus station go and ask for shuttle to take you to Langham [complimentary service free of charge]

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Absolutely superb in every respect. Efficiency of check-in, reliable valet, quality of rooms, superb room service dining, staff are all very welcoming & keen to provide exemplary service, one of the best Hotels around. Location is just terrific. Flawless!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Overall we very much enjoyed our stay in this property - we stayed four nights as our first stop upon arrival in Australia and had lovely views from our corner room of the city skyline and the river. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, toiletries were restocked, staff was very friendly. The hotel location is great - close to many restaurants, the entertainment complex, and walking distance to all of Melbourne's attractions.

I am docking the hotel one star for their outrageous pricing on extra services. Internet was charged at $25 per day - or $100 per week - which is just obscene. I took a quick glance at the laundry and dry cleaning price list and laughed - you can walk literally about 150 feet out the door of the the hotel into the shopping complex nearby to find a dry cleaner/wash service at a fraction of the cost. I understand that luxury hotels charge a premium for their services, but the pricing on this was so out-of-line compared to other luxury hotels that I couldn't stomach it. Otherwise, though, it was a nice hotel, great location, etc.

Room Tip: Try to get a river-view room if possible.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidLM_LanghamMelb, Guest Relations Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for your review and it is good to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, the amenities and the views over the Yarra and the CBD. Our internet charges are very comparable with other 5 star hotels around Melbourne and we do also offer free 15 minute internet access in our business centre as well as a $14.95 per day tariff (with a 200mb download limit). We do hope to see you again.
David LM
Guest Relations
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was my 2nd time staying at The Langham Hotel in Melbourne. (actually, 2nd and 3rd, as I stayed for 2 nights, left melbourne for a day, and checked back in for another 4 nights)

The hotel is located on the south bank, a stones throw away from Crown Casino. Although not in the CBD area itself, there's a bridge just behind the hotel directly to Flinders Street Station.

Had a few issues at check in, and that's why there's only 4 stars for them instead of 5 for this review.

However, the service recovery was fantastic. So kudos to Leanne, Fabian and Francisco, who really did a great job after the initial problems, to make the stay an enjoyable one in the end. Hot tip: If you're booking via a 3rd party, such as agoda/ hotelclub/ hotels.com, write to the hotel to confirm the booking and the room type.

The room I got was spacious and comfortable. I loved the bed, although my wife felt it was a little too soft for her after the 3rd or 4th night. There's no DVD player in the room, but they'll happily bring one up and install it for you if you ask the front desk or housekeeping. The concierge was always happy in assisting with restaurant reservations as well as recommendations. Breakfast at Melba is quite good with a large spread.

Overall, still a nice place to base oneself when exploring melbourne. Parking the in area can be costly though!!!

Room Tip: The only difference in the classic rooms and the river rooms are the view, otherwise the size is the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I had friends down from interstate whom I was having dinner with for my Birthday on a Tuesday night so decided to take the Wednesday off and lash out. I stayed with a friend of mine as his early birthday present, so we had a twin room with two incredibly comfortable king single/double beds.

From the moment I arrived I was over whelmed by the spectatcular service. 5 star service to a degree you don't recieve in Australia very often any more. Everything was just perfect. Check in was smooth and efficient, service with a smile and friendliness without being protentious or over the top.

To top everything off I recieved a large slice of beautiful chocolate mud cake with "Happy Birthday Corrine and Zac" written on it (I had explained our stay in my booking) as well as a beautiful hand written note to me on a Langham card from the manager.

Honestly I could not have been more impressed with my stay. I have stayed at many 5 star hotels all over the world but the Langham is by far my favourite hotel in Australia now, and I will continue to stay there on a more regular basis.

Thank you very much to the staff for making my stay so very enjoyable!

Room Tip: We had a 'Grand River Room' on the 20th floor. It had a gorgeous view out of the Yarra and F...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!