“Luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 157 Hotels in Melbourne
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Felt like pinching ourselves the whole time we stayed here. Great breakfast, 5 days came with free internet and a bed that my wife was happy with! Awesome! Oh and the location rocks as well, I think it made us love Melbourne.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Alongworth

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Great atmosphere, staff are on the ball and with clean rooms that are spacious and have beds that are like sleeping on clouds!
We stayed in the 20th floor and had three groups - everyone enjoyed everysingle moment!
we tried the buffet breakfast, my favourite part was the chocolate fountain-delicious!
decor is classic and beautiful and I would highly recommend to stay at The Langham!

Room Tip: 20th floor is beautiful, in particular room 2003!
1 Thank Jess000R
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The true definition of Luxury..... One of the nicest places we have stayed in Australia. After visiting our favourite city " Melbourne " many times, The Langham has by far been the most magnificent place we have stayed. The staff were just gorgeous, nothing was any trouble.
I am very fussy with accomodation, but The Langham had everything and more.
The rooms were spacious, newly renovated, extremely clean and had everything we required.
The location is perfect. Walking distance to MCG, City and beautiful restaurants.
I highly recommend experiencing this amazing hotel. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Club River Room - Floor 22 - beautiful views, newly renovated room - perfect!
1 Thank Tam F
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Had a truly luxurious stay at the Langham. The staff were very friendly and welcoming and nothing was too much trouble for them. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on. The view from our room was magnifient. I would love to stay there every time I go to Melbourne.

1 Thank Sharyn B
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I had a great stay at the Langham however there were a few slight irritations that meant the hotel didn't quite meet up to the usual standards I expect from a Langham.

The rooms for me were a little dated and could do with modernising. The bath was incredibly small even for me as I'm only 5ft 8".

The pool was very shabby and really let down the whole fitness and spa are as all the other facilities were top notch.

I was very frustrated by the high cost of wireless while staying. I just think that given the cost of the rooms and the fact that wireless costs very little these days for hotels this should be complimentary.

On thing that does however make this hotel really stand out and would make me return. The service that I received from the staff was second to non.

I would have to highly praise the chief concierge Peter and Jamila on guest services. They did everything they could to make my stay wonderful.

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Lizzywizzy84
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Great Hotel the beds are very comortable we enjoyed our stay. Staff were very helpful & freindly.

Quality of buffet at the restaurant is great however to busy for our liking on the weekend your'e better off avoiding eating there particulalry on a Saturday night. There's lot's of great restaurants close to the hotel which offer just as good value for $100 a head.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Nick_Hatzioannou
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I decided to spend the evening of our wedding at the Langham, and I am very happy we made this decision. Our room was glorious, with easily the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in!
Breakfast the following morning at the Melba was unbeatable with such variety.

Spending another evening here is definately on the cards....sooner rather than later!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family