“Excuse me, while I pretend I'm a princess!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Melbourne

You added The Langham, Melbourne to your Saves list
The Langham, Melbourne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Southgate Ave | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Excuse me, while I pretend I'm a princess!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Do I even need to add this review to the list of faultless reviews about this hotel?
The Langham is 5 star, 100%. The entrance is summarized in one word... WOW! Chandeliers hanging down over stair cases and water features take you into a fairy tale land and make you feel like a princess!
The staff are beautiful and make you feel special during your whole stay.
The room is charming and is decorated by elegant furniture and classy amenities. The bed is comfortable and feels way too good to leave behind and try NOT to put into your suitcase on the way out! There is a cute little desk by the bed with pink Langham stationary - making your stay very girly and princess-like!
Try and get a room with a view of the Yarra river and South bank! If you can't, don't worry, I'm sure the room will win you over anyway! The bathroom is fantastic and comes along with great amenities also.
Taking my mum to the Langham for her birthday was a fantastic experience. We ordered room service dinner and had delicious food before heading down the road to Rockpool, where we had an indulgent desert! (I'm sure the hotel had great deserts also, but we felt that we had to leave the room at least ONE time during our stay!)
The pool is fantastic and has a view of the Melbourne City skyline which made me proud to be from this great city!
If you are not from Melbourne, this hotel is the hotel for you. Even if you ARE from Melbourne - this hotel STILL is the hotel for you. It is located in the centre of South Bank where you can find Crown Casino. You are also minutes away from the city centre known for restaurants, bars and great shopping.
Can't fault this hotel at ALL and can't wait for another excuse to go there again!
PS: Forgot to mention the buffet breakfast at Melba's...Ahhh---MAZZZZZZZZINGGGGGG!!!

Room Tip: Try get a view of the Yarra river!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We recently stayed at the Langham, Melbourne for our wedding night, and whilst we did have high expectations of a 5 star hotel such as this, we were very impressed and could not speak highly enough of this hotel.

We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a fantastic suite for our special night, which of course is going to impress and would normally warrant some positive feedback.....however taking a step back and looking objectionally at our stay, the great experience was more than just an upgrade - it really was a great experience, and would have been even great even in a normal room.

I suppose a few key points:

- We were impressed with how helpful the hotel and staff were to accommodate us and assist. Valet parking was included in our package, however I needed to drop the car off early in the morning well before check-in (as I had to be at a wedding later in the day), and the hotel was more than happy to allow this free of charge, also storing our suitcase and having this waiting ready for us in our room when we finally checked in late that night.

- The hotel staff were so friendly. Normally you would expect a smile and hello from those approached at customer service desks/counters, etc, however every staff member we came across from cleaners to porters to restaurant staff and customer service always took the time to smile and say hello.

- The restaurant (Melba's) had a fantastic buffet breakfast with wide variety of quality food. I've actually since been back for dinner recently and is the same high standard. In comparing it to other top Melbourne buffets such as the Conservatory, Melba's is right up there with them, and in my opinion is the best I've been to.

- The location and views of the river/Melbourne CBD are great. Having previously worked in the CBD and Southbank for many years, the location probably isn't as much of a novelty for me, however for anyone from out of town or less regular visitor, this location is excellent: it is a great shopping/dining/bar location on the river front with a 5 minute walk to Flinders Street train station, St Kilda Road trams and the CBD. I'd certainly choose this over a hotel right in the CBD which can be a bit busier with traffic, noise and smell.

- And of course the hotel as you expect was very clean, neat and had a great feeling throughout - wouldn't expect any less.

Overall the Langham certainly gets my highest recommendation, and we will certainly be going back (hopefully soon)

Room Tip: River views are the best.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

We found Langhams to have an extremely friendly and classy atmosphere with the service to compliment the presentation. The staff are extremely helpfull and pleasent to say the least.

The rooms exceeded our expectations, we stayed and the grand classic rooms, 18th floor. The location of the hotel meant that we parked our car and never used it again til it was time to leave as everything is literally a stones throw, walking distance (casino, restaurants, bars, clubs, etc). Parking is below the hotel with an elevator bringing you to directly to the front entrance.

If you want Valet parking, this is also available for only $50...

What else can I say we will definately be going back again and we only live an hour away!

Room Tip: Remember, cheaper is not often the best, with Langhams you definately get what you pay for.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

There is something special about The Langham! Is it the location? the staff? the facilities? the f&b? Not sure but all of these factors make for a wonderful experience when staying in this beautiful property. If you are coming to Melbourne fo yourself a favour and stay the The Langham.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the River and the city - great at night time
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
daniellep_9
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is the perfect hotel for a mother / daughter break. I took my three-year-old daughter here on an unforgettable "little" girl's weekend. Very child-friendly considering it's so beautiful, we loved popcorn, cookies and hot chocolate for room service and swims in the beautiful pool.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011 via mobile

Stay for one night, check in was quick and friendly. Room was normal standard and had been refurbished. As a 1865 member receive fruit this time was very poor quality. No turndown service. Breakfast was ok, but had problem with cleanliness of glasses & plates. Recently stayed Langham Auckland and while the hotel is no smoking they provide a much better area for smokers. Also security guard was quite rude to my husband who was smoking in designated smoking area. Being from Melbourne and having stayed several times over the years feel it has taken a step back . Crown towers rooms are much brighter.

• Stayed December 2011
bsington, Manager at The Langham, Melbourne, responded to this review, December 14, 2011
Thank you for your review. I am pleased you had the opportunity to enjoy our redecorated Grand Rooms. I have contacted you off line. As an 1865 Member, the guest recognition club of Langham Hotels International we maintain a record of your preferences when staying with us. I am sorry for the shortcomings you mention. I will bring them to the attention of the department's concerned for corrective action and note them on your file for your next visit. I can confirm that The Langham Melbourne and the Langham Auckland are totally non smoking hotels.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Langham Hotels
Best wishes
Ben Sington
Managing Director
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This hotel is everything a luxury hotel should be! The entire complex is lavish, the beds are divine and the staff are amazingly genuine and helpful! Would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Langham, Melbourne? Share your experiences!