We recently stayed at the Langham, Melbourne for our wedding night, and whilst we did have high expectations of a 5 star hotel such as this, we were very impressed and could not speak highly enough of this hotel.
We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a fantastic suite for our special night, which of course is going to impress and would normally warrant some positive feedback.....however taking a step back and looking objectionally at our stay, the great experience was more than just an upgrade - it really was a great experience, and would have been even great even in a normal room.
I suppose a few key points:
- We were impressed with how helpful the hotel and staff were to accommodate us and assist. Valet parking was included in our package, however I needed to drop the car off early in the morning well before check-in (as I had to be at a wedding later in the day), and the hotel was more than happy to allow this free of charge, also storing our suitcase and having this waiting ready for us in our room when we finally checked in late that night.
- The hotel staff were so friendly. Normally you would expect a smile and hello from those approached at customer service desks/counters, etc, however every staff member we came across from cleaners to porters to restaurant staff and customer service always took the time to smile and say hello.
- The restaurant (Melba's) had a fantastic buffet breakfast with wide variety of quality food. I've actually since been back for dinner recently and is the same high standard. In comparing it to other top Melbourne buffets such as the Conservatory, Melba's is right up there with them, and in my opinion is the best I've been to.
- The location and views of the river/Melbourne CBD are great. Having previously worked in the CBD and Southbank for many years, the location probably isn't as much of a novelty for me, however for anyone from out of town or less regular visitor, this location is excellent: it is a great shopping/dining/bar location on the river front with a 5 minute walk to Flinders Street train station, St Kilda Road trams and the CBD. I'd certainly choose this over a hotel right in the CBD which can be a bit busier with traffic, noise and smell.
- And of course the hotel as you expect was very clean, neat and had a great feeling throughout - wouldn't expect any less.
Overall the Langham certainly gets my highest recommendation, and we will certainly be going back (hopefully soon)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotel.de, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Venere and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Langham, Melbourne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Langham, Melbourne Hotel Melbourne