We had booked a 2 bedroom standard apartment at this property as we were visiting Melbourne with a single friend. The three of us were warmly greeted by the receptionist who could not be more helpful. check in was smooth and efficient and we were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a superior 2 bedroom apartment which turned out to be the 10th floor 'penthouse'.
The only draw back with this is two short flights of stairs as the elevator in this heritage property only goes to the 9th floor but this was not a major problem. the apartment turned out to be enormous and very well appointed with views to Docklands, the MCG and the Yarra river. The purpose of our stay was to see a theatre production at the Arts centre which is a short walk as are Flinders St Station and the main shopping precincts around Collins St and Bourke St.
Everything necessary for a short stay (or longer) is provided in this apartment although I would comment that some of the furnishings and fittings are on the 'tired' side. on the whole however I would have no reservations about staying at this property again. My only (semi) major gripe would be that as we were sharing with a third party the lack of privacy latches on the doors of the two way bathroom was a little surprising. This is an inexpensive thing to rectify and I would urge management to attend to it.
overall an excellent stay in a great location with the unexpected upgrade a very pleasant bonus.
- Also Known As:
- Quest On Flinders Lane Hotel
- Quest On Flinders Lane Hotel Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Flinders Lane is one of the CBD's most sought after residential areas, destined to become your first choice in Melbourne accommodation. All the excitement of Federation Square, Theatres, the Art Centre, Southgate and Crown Entertainment Complex surrounds you, while dozens of tiny bars, restaurants and cafes are at your doorstep. Historic Flinders Street Station and the MCG are just a short stroll away. If you're in Melbourne for business or leisure, the boutique one, two and three bedroom apartments are all complete with unique spacious interior and wireless internet. Executive and Deluxe apartments have two bathrooms and a combination of four single or king bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Quest on Flinders Lane reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.