“Lovely Stay at Crown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Promenade Melbourne

Save Saved
You added Crown Promenade Melbourne to your Saves list
Crown Promenade Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 171 hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Lovely Stay at Crown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We love the convenience of this hotel, it is so easy to get everywhere from here, or you can just stay within the Crown precinct. We did note two small issues, a unhappy staff member in the Mesh Restaurant. Then at check out we asked for our bags to be brought down from our room, we were told a 10 min wait, which was fine. After 20 mins I noticed our bags at the front door on a trolley so I went over to them. The porters didn't come to ask me if they were my bags, or to help me, so I pushed the trolley outside myself and loaded my car. On reflection I could have been anyone taking those bags and no one would be the wiser. As a whole our short stay here was very good the room was very comfortable, breakfast was tasty with a great selection to choose from and the front reception staff were very welcoming.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1,061 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was our 3rd time staying here, and we still plan to come back!

We got a good deal on the room, saw it on a 3rd party website - called through to Crown reservations and they were happy to match it.

We were so excited to sleep on the bed here. It was the most comfortable one either of us have ever slept in.

I literally have nothing to complain about with this hotel. Checked in late as we got the last flight out of Adelaide, the man at the check in desk was nice, made chit chat with us and gave us a few tips on places to go/places to eat.

We did not eat any meals within the Promenade, but ate a few dinner meals within the Crown complex. We also did not try the spa, or use the pool.

Staying within the Crown complex was really handy - one night we literally could not leave without getting soaked, but was so handy as there was so much to do within the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thanks for sharing your recent stay at the Crown Promenade Melbourne with us, it was gratifying to read that you felt the experience was “still awesome after staying for 3rd time”. We recently upgraded all our beds and we’re glad you found them “the most comfortable one either” of you had slept in. Your feedback in relation to the friendly and attentive person who checked you in will be shared with them and I’m glad they were able to give you some tips on where to go. As you mentioned being part of an integrated resort with everything from fine dining to movies and bowling there is definitely something for everyone to enjoy, particularly in the colder months.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I stayed here for a total of 5 nights during July 2013. I initially wanted to book a room in the Crown Towers - but the room I wanted had no availability, so I had to settle for Crown Promenade instead.

I am very happy that I stayed here. The decor is modern (as one would expect) and the service is exemplary. Every process is easy, right from check in to check out. They are staffed well, so there is literally no waiting time to get assistance.

The rooms are beautiful and well stocked. I appreciated little touches, such as the box of complimentary mints left near the bed everyday, the selection of coffee, hot chocolate and tea in the room and the magazines that were continually updated and left in the room for my perusal.

On previous trips to Melbourne I put off staying at the Crown as I thought it was too much of a walking distance into the CBD. But as I discovered on this trip - that was not the case. You could probably use trams to cut down time, but we enjoyed walking everywhere. Fed Square is a 15min walk away, Queen Vic Markets 30mins, MCG 25mins. By walking we saw so much more of Melbourne.

We made use of the buffet breakfast in the restaurant on the ground floor of the hotel. Staff here were great. Very quick to serve and organise a table. Very keen to ensure your cup stayed full of coffee or tea too. The range of food was fantastic - I sure could get used to eating like that everyday. The fruit smoothies and pastries were a standout.

We had family staying at a hostel nearby, so we made use of cutting through the casino and other Crown hotels, to avoid walking on the street below (only because it was very cold outside) to visit them. All three Crown hotels are linked by shopping malls, casinos or food courts. So even if you don't want to venture outside, there is plenty to do. The linked walkways make travel very convenient.

The rooms have massive windows which I loved! The number of times I would sit there and look out were numerous. Nice to look out on pretty city lights and the river.

Room service was very reasonably priced (unlike other hotels I have stayed at before) and when it was delivered to the room it was piping hot!

Overall I could find no negative aspects to the Crown Promenade and would happily recommend it. I would return - however I would try the Crown Towers next time to compare.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent excellent excellent. Cannot fault our stay at Crown Promenade. Kids loved it, hubby and I too. Room was clean and well appointed, great giant shower, pool was lovely, room service up to scratch. It was great. Affordable luxury.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the terrific review, your comments will be passed onto our staff who will appreciate your positive comments! It was a pleasure to read your family had an enjoyable stay, we receive a lot of positive comments about our heated pool and the biggest problem you’ll have is getting them out.

Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Walking distance to all the Southbank restaurants and also an easy walk over Queen St bridge into the Melbourne CBD. And the casino entrance is only about 50 metres from the front of the hotel. Very modern and comfortable. Great bed! While I prefer the better views and more adventurous decor at the nearby Crown Metropol, the Promenade does everything right. Very good breakfast, nice bar and there are a range of conference rooms of varying sizes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Western Ireland, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for a few nights and we both really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a corner King suite and it was lovely and spacious with great views. Hotel was central and staff were friendly. Would highly recommend

• Stayed July 2013
Hobart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Modern enough, very comfortable with a whopping great 'new' plasma TV (like you have time to watch it - but if you're a room dweller, it's awesome).
Loved everything about the venue and being attached to the Crown Complex has it's obvious advantages.
One thing lacking (and this is the 2nd review this week where I was disappointed with facilities).

The gym couldn't be called that. Bikes, running machines etc. but no heart rate monitors built in, which is quite common these days and absolutely no free weight apparatus anywhere. I was really looking forward to burning some kj's, but the exercise bike was useless (due to no heart rate monitor), so had so settle for a running machine (yes I'd run a trail/track with real scenery).

Gym is a knitpick, because it's important to me and I've experienced some fantastic gym's in hotels/ resorts of similar calibre as this one.

Definitely a big recommend & take the gym critique with a pinch of salt (unless it matters to you).

The pool looked beautiful, but the view nowhere near as good as it's sister 'Metropol'.

Room Tip: Pay for it I would imagine. Ours was stock standard, but served it's purpose. Near the elevato...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thanks for the very detailed response on your recent stay at Crown Promenade Melbourne. It was pleasing to read you found the room to be “modern and very comfortable” and we receive a number of positive comments about the convenience of being located in an integrated resort which has a number of entertainment and dining options. I'm sorry to read your experience at the gym was not up to your expectations and your comments will be taken on board when we next upgrade the equipment. There is a “free weights” room which is located in a separate room from where the cardio equipment is located and I apologise if this wasn't explained to you.

Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Been to Crown Promenade Melbourne? Share your experiences!