“Great Room for a great price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crown Promenade Melbourne

You added Crown Promenade Melbourne to your Saves list
Crown Promenade Melbourne
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Whiteman St | Southbank, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Saver
Ranked #24 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Great Room for a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We made a late decision to stay in Melbourne for a single night and thought we would try out Crown. There were no rooms in Crown Towers so the receptionist suggested Crown Promenade (across the road). We wandered across and were greet by a fantastic girl on the front desk who sorted us out very quickly and up we went to our room. A beautiful room, great bathroom, Ok view and great amenities - was very comfortable and great to laze around the following morning.
The hotel is in a great location but is a few rungs down the ladder from the opulence of Crown Towers, but who cares?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We chose the Crown Promenade as a night away for my birthday based on the fact that I am a signature member and I was a sent a letter of incentives if we stayed and dined at the crown as part of my birthday. It was a 39 degree day in Melbourne and we get to our room and it was hot, no AC seemed to be working and there was no champagne on arrival as promised. We fiddled with the AC thinking it was not on, so we left the room for a couple of hours in the hope the room would cool down, no such luck. I called guest services and they too told me to change the settings and wait 15 min. 20 min later no change in temperature. I call guest services and they offered to send maintenance by this stage it was 6.30 pm and for my 1 night stay it was not satisfactory to have maintenance in my room fixing the AC. This should have been noted prior to checking some one in the room. Guest services response was a blunt " what do you want me to do about it ?" I was gobsmacked. In a haste I was put through to concierge who offered to change my room. I also mentioned I still didn't have the champagne I was promised. I need to mention my initial room was on the 16th floor corner king room with views which is what I had paid for, I was moved to the 7th floor corner king with the view of tin roofs, but it did not feel like I was in a sauna. Shortly after at 7pm my champagne arrived ( 4 hrs after check in and only after I reminded concierge, quite embarrassing when you need to keep reminding people it's your birthday just to get what was promised at time of booking).

It is then time for bed......I pull the covers back and there is a big tear in the fitted sheet! Poor house keeping!!! Whoever made the bed must have been blind. By this stage I am over the Crown Promenade and will definitely not stay here again or recommend it.

I mentioned the torn sheets at check out so that housekeeping would not think I did it, and was told I should have mentioned it so that they would be changed, I said after 1 room change and then torn sheets I could not be bothered all I got was " sorry".

This was my first and last stay at the Promenade. Poor form for a place that prides themselves for their 5 star service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Firstly let me apologise for the issues you encountered whilst staying with us, these standards are certainly not characteristic of the levels of presentation and service we strive to achieve at Crown Promenade.

Please contact us on (03) 9292 8160 as we would like the opportunity to discuss your stay in more detail.

Kind regards,

Greg Moore
Crown Promenade
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were there for the March long weekend. The location was great, close to the tram/trains if you need to go anywhere. As there are restaurants everywhere near the hotel we never had any meals there so we ate out all the time. Staff were helpful and friendly. The only thing that we could pick on was that there was no spa or bath in our room, but then again the shower area was big enough for 3 people(not that we had 3 people in there).

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I can't fault my stay at Crown Promenade! All the staff were so friendly and willing to help with anything we needed, the food was delicious, the room service was prompt, the facilities were beautiful and clean and the location is perfect walking distance to everything!
I can't wait to have an excuse to come back again!

• Stayed March 2013
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights for a recent conference which was being held at Crown Palladium, in the building next door.
While the Promenade is a separate building to the one housing the Crown Casino and Crown Palladium, it is linked by an overhead (enclosed, airconditioned) walkway from level 1.
The rooms are well appointed, are very clean, and are provided with a range of foxtel channels.
The use of the swimming pool, spa (both with views out towards the skyline) and sauna on Level 3 was a great way to widn down after each afternoon after the conference.
The location of the hotel is great - only 2 minutes to the casino floor, no more then a 5 minute walk to restaurants along the southern banks of the Yarra River.
Definately a recommended hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

The Crown Promenade has to be my all time favourite hotel I have ever had the pleasure to stay in.
From checkin to checkout the experience was faultless.
We had a room on the 20th floor with the most amazing city view.
We were over in Melbourne visiting our Daughter & stayed here the night before we were due to fly home & I can honsetly say it was worth every penny & a great way to end our short time in Australia.
I would highly recommend staying here, the hotel has everything you should need from a swimming pool to spa, to casino, to 24 hour food court.
Amazing.
Will definitely stay again on our next trip.
5 star all the way.

Room Tip: I emailed the hotel when booking over the internet & asked for a city view room. All i can say i...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Wuppertal, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Not sure what there is more to say. I truly enjoyed my 10 day stay in this hotel. I had a great room on the 20th floor - great view. And although this hotel belongs to the Crowne complex with its casinos etc my room was very quiet. The decor was light and friendly, the bathroom huge, everything was spotless and the bed was nice and comfy. The staff was friendly and very helpful - I would recommend this hotels to anyone at any time. And I would love to return. Breakfast is a bit on the expensive side but the selection is great. The only suggestion - it would be great if the bathroom would have magnifying mirrors (but this is such a minor detail...)

Room Tip: As high up as possible if you want to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Greg M, General Manager at Crown Promenade Melbourne, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thanks for the terrific review! It was wonderful to read about your experience and our team will be delighted to learn that you found them to be “friendly & very helpful”. Thanks for letting us know about the mirror in the bathroom as we’re always looking for ways to improve our facilities.

Thanks again for the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Greg Moore
Crown Promenade

Been to Crown Promenade Melbourne? Share your experiences!