“Amazing Meal!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,141 of 4,170 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Indian, Malaysian
Dining options: Lunch, Buffet
Description: Zamzam offers Indian and Malaysian food in a relaxed atmosphere at a reasonable prices in the heart of Melbourne
“Amazing Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

The restaurant is in a great location within walking distance to Bourke St Mall. Great setting with a relaxed atmosphere. The food was great quality, and very tasty. There were many options to choose from. Highlight was definitely the roti, make sure you try it!

“Delicious Dahl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

A great variety of curry options, beautiful roti and delicious dahl.
On a lovely Summers afternoon it was also nice that the windows alond the fornt all opened up to allow the breeze to flow throught the restaurant.
I will certainly be back!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Vegetarian options”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The vegetarian options were great, tasty dhal and I really enjoyed the roti! The mango lassi was delicious and so affordable in contrast to other restaurants in the area. I would definitely attend again. Thanks

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Great Tasty Curries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Flavoursome and use of quality ingredients makes the curries here very good. Relaxed atmosphere and windows that open on to the street make it a great place for lunch or dinner.

Markham, Canada
“smelly, poor quality, not malaysian”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had a meal here as well as Mamak next door. While Mamak had a clean, fresh atmoshphere .. Zam Zam was smelly, and looked like it needed some cleaning. I ordered the mee goreng, which was far from the priginal. the meat tasted like someone had taken lumps from an india curry and thrown them into the noodles. the noodles themselves were more pasta like. The place probably has good indian food as the staff seemed to be Indian/Bengali's. definitely not a Malaysian eatery - the menu items are very limited if you're looking for Malay food. no nasi lemak, no teh tarik.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kayum A, Manager at Zam Zam Restaurant, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear 'naeemsiddiq'

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent food experience at Zam Zam Cafe & Restaurant.

I am sorry that you had such a poor experience with your meal at our Restaurant. I am also disappointed to hear about our restaurant cleanliness. Please accept my sincere apology.

We at Zamzam team, take every constuctive feedback very seriously and I am please to inform you that we are already done a proper spring clean of the entire restaurant and also we have set up a dates to renovate our outside and as well as inside decoration to make our place looks more welcoming. I like to inform you that we recently had a management change our and since then, we are doing our best to improve our food quality and cleanliness.
with regarding to your staff background feedback, I like to advise you that our kitchen staffs are from Malaysian and south India as we are south Indian and Malaysian Cuisine.

I have already raised your feedback with my chef and have put together some plans of how to improve our food quality.

Once again, please accept my apologies. I note that you will not be using the service again. Please feel free to contact me directly - as I would love you to give us a second chance, to prove that we can get it right as well

Best Regards