“perfect location perfect comfort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Melbourne Therry Street

You added Mercure Melbourne Therry Street to your Saves list
Mercure Melbourne Therry Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43 Therry Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #90 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of this hotel was what drew my attention in the first place, on airport side of CBD, over the road from Victoria Markets and with FREE trams now in Melbourne CBD all good. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful, rooms are well appointed with own Kitchen area to prepare some snacks and breakfast.Clean and Cosy will stay again......

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Bad stuff first: supposed to stay here for the Melb cup 2014. I pre-paid my room - v good price. My mother died of cancer (v early and unexpected) and I had to arrange the funeral - and the rest. The reservations lady was the WORST person I have ever dealt with. The airlines were very helpful when cancelling - the reservations woman at Mercure Therry St was NOT AT ALL helpful. Very unsympathetic. She begrudgingly let me stay the month after - told me if I changed the booking again I would lose my money. Imagine that - losing your Mum and your money at the same time?!?

I arrived and checked in - asked for extra towels as I go to the gym twice a day. After waiting an hour I called reception and asked again for the extra towels. After waiting another 2 hours I called and asked for more towels a third time. I am still waiting on the towels - they never arrived.

Good stuff: value for money. Decent size room. Cleaning staff were very very friendly and helpful. Close to cool stuff like the markets.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
MercureTherryStreet, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Therry Street, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear LiamG,

First of all, my condolences to you and your family during this difficult time.

I do apologise about your experience. As we had held the room for you and you did not arrive on your original booking, we followed our procedures to see if you were still coming. As you had accepted the discounted rate with no further amendments or cancellations - our procedure is to offer you a date change in such situations. Trust you were able to amend your dates with our team and did not lose your booking completely.

Kind Regards,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for our anniversary, 6 nights, great location, strong wifi, pleasant staff in general. Thin floors, no mini bar refill, small rooms, and the most incompetent breakfast staff I have encountered. Our 5th morning we just wanted poached eggs and Vegemite on toast, should have been easy... No I had my old Accor Advantage card on me, my mistake I know, he made me go back to my room to get the right one during breakfast, therefor my eggs and toast ended up cold only for him to interrupt us a total of 3 times, even though he called Accor himself to confirm we were members. 1 night left, we won't be going to the restaurant for breakfast tomorrow that's for sure.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Dawson1970,

Thanks for your feedback and seeing me at the hotel. I have spoken to the team member in question and reiterated our procedures regarding our members. I do apologise about your breakfast and trust all charges were removed as an apology.

Kind Regards,
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We made a five night booking as we were to be in Melbourne for the World Cup Cricket. We used a voucher (Mystery hotel) and were favourably impressed. The service at Reception was thorough, from the time of booking. There was follow through on the email from the hotel.
When we arrived we were directed to our room, which was a pleasant surprise. We had a kitchenette and the bed was luxuriously comfortable. The shower was hot with good pressure.
Breakfasts were delicious, with plenty of options to satisfy anyone. The choice of newspapers meant we were each able to take a paper and swap it in the evening. Staff do their job, they are helpful, polite and competent, (including the weekend Restaurant staff.)
It was a bonus that we were so near to the markets and just in the free tram area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Gabriel11,

Great to see you were able to take advantage of one our great offers! We aim to provide great accommodation at a great price. Glad to see we were able to deliver and we'll see you back soon!

Regards,
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, but the first 3 were spent with broken AC. It didn't blow cool air and not sure why the problem wasn't properly rectified.

Fair enough they got 100% occupancy, but I expected a hotel from big franchise like Mercure would be more than capable to take care of such problem.

On the third 3 night we were loaned a floor fan. On the first night, we were offered different room but the AC in that room wouldn't even turn on. So we rejected it.

Only after 3 nights we were referred to the manager, and in the next morning he gave us another room. Thankfully it got a working AC.

I don't know, the hotel seemed to me were struggling keeping up their maintenance. There was a dead light bulb at the sitting area on level 12, and they didn't even bother changing it.

Agreed with the previous review, the flooring was made from thin boards. We stayed on the top level, so luckily we didn't suffer from the noises.

Breakfast was very limited. I would recommend getting breakfast from the Victoria Market, or get a short walk to the city. Money would be better spent.

Cleanliness in room was so so. There were plenty of tiny dirts on the carpet floor.

All in all, I don't think we will stay at Mercure hotels any more. I just don't think it was worth the money we've spent. Sorry.

• Stayed February 2015
Dear Joey_arema,

Thanks for your review! I have organised a full audit of our air conditioning system to ensure all our equipment is in working order. I do apologise about your experience and be assured your feedback is not taken lightly.

As part of our ongoing commitment, we have fixed all our corridors, and have penned in a full refurbishment of our Reception in a few days time.

Regards,
Akshay Deosthali

Been to Mercure Melbourne Therry Street? Share your experiences!