“Close to Queen Victoria Markets” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Melbourne Therry Street

Save Saved
You added Mercure Melbourne Therry Street to your Saves list
Mercure Melbourne Therry Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43 Therry Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #84 of 169 Hotels in Melbourne
Geraldine, New Zealand
“Close to Queen Victoria Markets”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

24 hour service desk is a bonus if like us you need to check out at a very early time in the morning. Helpful staff on the front desk. Nice comfy rooms, not large, but with a small kitchenette it meant that you you easily cook some of the yummy treats, fresh fruit, meat ,fish that can be purchased at the Huge Queen Victoria Market. Tram stop just minutes away, and no night noise so a good night sleep here is easy to get. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
Mackay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed only for one night during a stopover, and it was great. The hotel has a good position, you can just walk to the CBD, and the rooms are well presented. The bed was comfortable, the furnitures modern and the bathroom absolutely great and spacious. The reception staff was helpful beyond, even though we arrived in a very early hour. The one negative experience was the buffet breakfast: it was ok, but surprisingly low variety for a 4star hotel. Altogether it is worth the value.

Room Tip: Definitely upper levels, to appreciate the city view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
MercureTherryStreet, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Therry Street, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear ndulkai,

We are very well situated for a quick stopover and for more lengthy stay. We will review our breakfast buffet to ensure we have the best offer available for our guests.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great service at reception. Could not fault the service there. Staff must enjoy being part of the team , it shows . Nice clean hotel. Small rooms but "Great rates " Right next to Victoria markets. Walking distance to CBD, China town etc.....

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Patrick S,

Thanks for your comments about our service. We aim to provide the best experience we can and your comments surely will be passed on to our team!

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is a 2 minute walk to the Victoria markets, such a pleasure to visit! Room was a good size, comfortable bed and good heating/cooling with plenty of natural sunlight. Bathroom was spotless and also modern, with a large shower and big fluffy bath towels. Perfect. Julie at the front desk was always happy to help and gave me some great recommendations for local hotspots. All staff I encountered were extremely genuine and knowledgable of the area. Buffet breakfast was good and soy milk was readily available as well as fresh cooked eggs at demand. About a 15min walk from the mall (I came to Melbourne for a shopping trip) and many delightful places for dinner nearby.

Room Tip: If you 'like' them on Facebook and show reception, you get 24hours of free wifi access. Othe...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Natasha91,

Thank you for such a fantastic review! This definitely helps us in keeping our team going to provide the best service we possibly can. See you next time in Melbourne!

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed here as a wotif mystery hotel. Two things the hotel could improve on - the shower in the room had a small gap between the door and the wall which meant when you had a shower the water leaked into the bathroom. Twice I spoke to reception staff about car parking, and not once was I told that the car parking needed to be validate so I ended up paying the higher amount (however I have since called them and they are going to refund the difference.) Great location, right by the market and a tram stop.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lknights,

Thanks for your detailed review. We will certainly look into our showers to ensure they are functioning properly! With regards to parking, I am glad we were able to refund you the difference and we will be sure to let all our guests know to validate their tickets.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute trip to Melbourne from Perth over Christmas and New Year. It was good value for money considering the short notice and the location. The rooms were a fair size with a big bed, en suite and small kitchen facilities. We had a very pleasant stay right up until check out where unfortunately the person who was checking us out was a complete imbecile. I am tolerant person and didn't complain about the fact that for some reason they took a good 45 minutes to establish that we wanted to check out from our room and after than ordeal we then had to wait another 30 minutes for the room to be inspected only to be told there would be a charge for the state of the room. I thought they had mixed up the rooms and had checked a different one as I knew I had tidied the room up, made sure everything was washed up and clean and even made the bed, I was then informed that we would incur a charge because of the hair on the floor and then refused to give us back our passports until we paid... I have never heard the like of it, the rooms are decorated with black carpets so of course my blonde hair was going to show if it fell out when I brushed it but it was barely noticeable and they were going on like I had had my hair cut off and left it all over the floor!!?!?! After arguing for an hour over the matter another person got involved who I'm assuming is the manager and could obviously see my boyfriend and I were very wound up by this stage and told us not to worry handed us back our passports and we were on our way. We had a good stay other than this incident its just a shame our stay was ruined by one moron behind a desk

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MercureTherryStreet, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Therry Street, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear travelbunny94,

Thank you for your detailed review. It was disappointing to hear about your customer service experience at the hotel. We definitely do not have a policy of holding passports and I do wish you urgently contact me at gm@mercuretherrystreet.com.au or 03 9637 6666.

Akshay Deosthali

Been to Mercure Melbourne Therry Street? Share your experiences!