“Could do with some upgrades” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Melbourne Therry Street

Save Saved
You added Mercure Melbourne Therry Street to your Saves list
Mercure Melbourne Therry Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43 Therry Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #83 of 170 Hotels in Melbourne
Melbourne, Australia
“Could do with some upgrades”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here as a wotif mystery hotel. Two things the hotel could improve on - the shower in the room had a small gap between the door and the wall which meant when you had a shower the water leaked into the bathroom. Twice I spoke to reception staff about car parking, and not once was I told that the car parking needed to be validate so I ended up paying the higher amount (however I have since called them and they are going to refund the difference.) Great location, right by the market and a tram stop.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I booked a last minute trip to Melbourne from Perth over Christmas and New Year. It was good value for money considering the short notice and the location. The rooms were a fair size with a big bed, en suite and small kitchen facilities. We had a very pleasant stay right up until check out where unfortunately the person who was checking us out was a complete imbecile. I am tolerant person and didn't complain about the fact that for some reason they took a good 45 minutes to establish that we wanted to check out from our room and after than ordeal we then had to wait another 30 minutes for the room to be inspected only to be told there would be a charge for the state of the room. I thought they had mixed up the rooms and had checked a different one as I knew I had tidied the room up, made sure everything was washed up and clean and even made the bed, I was then informed that we would incur a charge because of the hair on the floor and then refused to give us back our passports until we paid... I have never heard the like of it, the rooms are decorated with black carpets so of course my blonde hair was going to show if it fell out when I brushed it but it was barely noticeable and they were going on like I had had my hair cut off and left it all over the floor!!?!?! After arguing for an hour over the matter another person got involved who I'm assuming is the manager and could obviously see my boyfriend and I were very wound up by this stage and told us not to worry handed us back our passports and we were on our way. We had a good stay other than this incident its just a shame our stay was ruined by one moron behind a desk

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MercureTherryStreet, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Therry Street, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear travelbunny94,

Thank you for your detailed review. It was disappointing to hear about your customer service experience at the hotel. We definitely do not have a policy of holding passports and I do wish you urgently contact me at gm@mercuretherrystreet.com.au or 03 9637 6666.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is not quite the usual box type place, it's actually quite long and thin, with a tiny little foyer and reception area (which must be interesting when busy), and rooms extending off a long corridor. Not badly designed, just a wee bit different.

The rooms themselves are quite nice, and still have that new feel too them (though my room had stains on the carpet already). The bed was comfortable, sleep was peaceful and good light knockout from the blinds. The bathroom was well designed for its space, and the shower surprisingly large. The kitchenette was there, I didn't use it other than to get a glass of water (though i had to get a glass from the bathroom to use).

Worth a look if the price is good.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear rob3170,

Always great to hear from a Top Contributor. I will convey your comments to our team to address the issues you have pointed out to us! We are always looking for genuine feedback to constantly improve our services.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a well placed, good value hotel for anyone on a city break in Melbourne. We stayed around the time of the AIDS Conference and I think a lot of their best rooms must have gone to delegates attending this conference. Our room and it's furniture was lacking a bit of TLC but was still clean and inoffensive. Would definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear megants,

Thanks for taking the time to review and appreciate your comments! Look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Melbourne.

Akshay Deosthali

Been to Mercure Melbourne Therry Street? Share your experiences!