“Very average: noise in the room and unfriendly staff in restaurant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Melbourne Therry Street

You added Mercure Melbourne Therry Street to your Saves list
Mercure Melbourne Therry Street
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43 Therry Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #86 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Ulm, Germany
“Very average: noise in the room and unfriendly staff in restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I stayed there for two nights and was not very much impressed. Location is convenient and hotel is relatively new but close to a construction site. Biggest issue is the noise in the room during night, mainly due to the aircondition and the ventilation in the bathroom that can't be switched off. Difficult to sleep without earplugs because the bed is just next to the bathroom.

Choice at breakfast is very much limited and restaurant has a very dark and not very much inviting ambiance. But bigger issue is attitude of staff at breakfast. When I asked for hot milk the lady denied my wish by telling me "we don't have hot milk" although there was a fully equipped kitchen in her back. Such a lazy work attitude! I then asked her to heat up some milk what she finally did (but not without showing me by her pained expression how much bored she was by my request). This employee should definitely not work in a hotel.

The only very much positive aspect was Sophie, one of the receptionists. She was very friendly and had a very good and professional work attitude.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MercureTherryStreet, Manager at Mercure Melbourne Therry Street, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Good morning

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Could you please contact me on 9637 6610 or sales@mercuretherrystreet.com.au with the room number you stayed in so that I can have our maintenance team check the air-conditioning and extractor fans. These items do not make sound so I would like to have them serviced ASAP.

I have also discussed your feedback with regards to the restaurant with the supervisor as this is very concerning. We will be conducting some retraining to ensure this does not happen again. I apologise for the issues experienced.

Kind regards
Tamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Indonesian first
Mackay, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I stayed here on business at a time when Melbourne was heavily booked with the Grand Prix and Fashion Week, so it was not my first choice and for this reason wouldn't stay there again as I have preferred hotels in Melbourne. Having said that, it is a good hotel.

The rooms are fresh with a great sized desk (which I love!) and also the other big bonus for this hotel was the opening windows (yeah!) and lots of natural light. There was construction going on next door which will be happening for a while so that was a bit noisy early in the morning.

Room service food was ok. The big letdown was the housekeeping, but once this was brought to Tamie's attention she fixed it immediately. The staff are a bit hit and miss, but Sandra was great! Price was very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
MercureTherryStreet, Manager at Mercure Melbourne Therry Street, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
Good afternoon

My apologies for the Housekeeping issue you experienced during your stay. I have addressed these with the team and the staff member concerned has received further training to ensure that it does not happen again.
Should you need accommodation again in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me on my direct email and I will ensure you are looked after.

Kind regards
Tamie

Been to Mercure Melbourne Therry Street? Share your experiences!