Stayed here recently whilst in Melbourne for the Grand Prix. Given how expensive accommodation is over the Grand Prix weekend this place wasn't too badly priced. Great location on the 109 tram route straight into the city and a really good pub nearby called the Prince Patrick Hotel where we had a lovely dinner.
Having booked a one bedroomed apartment we were quite surprised to find there was no door between the living room and bedroom, rather just a large opening. Given that my husband and me were travelling with my parents in their 50's this wasn't entirely what we were expecting and although we knew we were going to be sleeping in the living room, we didn't expect to be practically in the same room. The bathroom was also at the other side of the bed so we had to go past them sleeping in bed to use the loo during the night!! I think a floor plan or at least some photos on the website making this more apparent would be useful. In my opinion it was also slightly misleading having read the info on the website talking about the bedroom and lounge room. I think bedroom area and lounge area might be more appropriate as I took the descriptions literally.
I did question this with the staff who did look to see if they could move us to one of a couple of apartments with an internal door but given that it was the Grand Prix weekend they were full, which is fair enough. The staff were all lovely and couldn't have been more helpful, although it would have been nice to have had the room serviced over the weekend as well as during the week hence the average rating for cleanliness.
Would definitely stay here again as a couple but would give it a miss if needing accommodation for 4.
- Also Known As:
- Birches Serviced Apartments Hotel Melbourne
- Birches Serviced Apartments Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Birches Serviced Apartments offers fully equipped and spacious apartments with all the comforts from home featuring full kitchen with microwaves and hotplates, Internet access and much more. A beautiful common court-yard with BBQ facilities with a veggie and herb garden are at the disposal of guests. What's more our guests can also use the bicyles provided free of charge throughout their stay to ride around the city centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Budget Places, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Birches Serviced Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.