“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mantra City Central

You added Mantra City Central to your Saves list
Mantra City Central
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   318 Little Bourke St., Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly BreakFree Heritage on Little Bourke)   |
Ranked #106 of 173 Hotels in Melbourne
Auckland, New Zealand
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The location of the hotel was perfect as it was right next to Emporium, opposite H&M, David Jones etc. Everything was close by (eg. food, shopping, trams) and the hotel room was clean and spacious. Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had a great stay at the Mantra City Central could not have asked for a better stay..As the name states it is central to everything we were able to walk to or take a free tram everywhere.. We stayed for 5 nights and loved every minute of it, the room was lovely heaps of room a nice kitchen and bathroom. The staff were helpful when we asked for directions, a quick and easy check in and out.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Totally loved it here. The location is central to just about everything, so great for out of town visitors who aren't familiar with Melbourne as there are trams to the major train station (Flinders St) right next door. Also great if you're here to shop as it's between Emporium and the Myers and David Jones complexes, which take you through to both Bourke St mall and Melbourne Central.

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment, which was fantastic. It was spotless and neat, and the new refurbishment was gorgeous. It doesn't have a view at all (the windows literally look out on to the wall of another building) so if you're here for views you might be better trying a different kind of room. The bathroom was a little bit smaller than I expected, and I had hoped the bath would have been a bit bigger as it was one of the reasons I chose to stay here, but you get what you pay for.

My room was located on the first floor towards the back end of the building, which required me to go up and down two little steps to get there and back. The bedroom is also located up a flight of stairs, so I don't think I'd recommend this particular style of room for the elderly or anyone who has trouble with stairs. The shower is also a step-in style one and the floor of it does get a little bit slippery.

Reception wasn't 24 hours, but they give you a code to use on the door after about 10pm. The doors open automatically and they're really big, which makes it feel like you're going to Hogwarts or something, which is pretty neat.

Otherwise, excellent hotel and I couldn't recommend it enough. Clean, comfortable and welcoming.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

In Melbourne for a 3 day work trip and delighted to get put into a loft room. Furniture was funky, bed comfy and layout really nice/roomy compared to the usual hotel room. Best part was how close it was to shops and eateries which is just what is needed when you do long work days and need something at your fingertips. Note to travellers: this is an old building that has been refurbished so lift does move slowly and hot water and pressure relative to age of the building so if you aren't looking for the latest mod cons and want the feeling of a cozy mid-city apartment, this is the place.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the side lane way where the restaurants are would be quieter especially on a Friday...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you're looking for a centralized location, kitchenette type apartment, consider Mantra City Central. Stepped into a clean and rather well kept accommodation which both me and my friend was happy with. Don't expect too much as they are more like a limited service hotel.

Did miss making up the room properly during the second day of my stay.

Only not so good things were:
1) there were no views at our room as our room was right at the end of the building,
2) reception is not 24hrs. We were fine by that though. They had given us a passcode to open the creaky main door/gate - it felt like we were opening the door to the Hogwarts school in a Harry Portter book.
3) no In-room safe. They were located at the main lobby which puzzled both of us.

Overall, they are a good choice for its location and proximity to the free tram running in the city.

Room Tip: Do indicate your bedding preference when booking.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Bundaberg, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Have just spent 4 nights at the Mantra City Central. It was a most enjoyable stay. The hotel was convenient to shopping, transport etc. The room was very modern, clean, and comfortable. Reception staff were very pleasant and helpful. Great hotel !!!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Service was unhelpful and underwhelming to say the least. Arriving back in Sydney I realised I had forgotten my cardigan and coat back at the 'hotel'. I rang asking them politely if there was anyway I could get those items sent back - mind you I didn't mind paying the postage. It has been two days and after two phone calls I was told housekeeping found nothing. I left those items hanging in the closet. Unless they don't clean the closets. Dodgy and sloppy service.
Moreover, during the stay, my hotel door hardly responded to the keycard. It took me half a dozen swipes and a prayer to get my door to unlock. On the occasion where I complained, instead of an apology, I'm told that it was my fault the key was placed near my phone and because of that it caused damage to the magnetic strip. I kept the keycard in my wallet which is always in my bag. No where near my phone.
NEVER WILL I JUMP ON A BARGAIN. Service here treat you like you got the room for free.
I will tell all my family and friends to never stay at this appalling establishment. There are other places also conveniently located but with ENTHUSIASTIC, HONEST and PROFESSIONAL service.

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Mantra City Central? Share your experiences!