“nice” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adara East Melbourne

You added Adara East Melbourne to your Saves list
Adara East Melbourne
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   90 Albert Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3002, Australia (Formerly Eastern Town House Serviced Apartments)   |
Ranked #136 of 172 Hotels in Melbourne
Hoppers Crossing, Australia
“nice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

nice and neat room,large tv and free wifi,it was fairly well equiped with the essentials,but the carpark is a bit squeezy.not much of a view from the room,but then just pull the curtain.we were on the second floor but they have a elevator.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Shell Cove, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were welcomed with cracked tiles and old cigarette packs at the front door. We stayed for three nights. First day we received room service. None the second day. When I asked why no room service I received no response; only was asked if I wanted fresh towels?
The bathtub needed a ladder to get into. It was ridiculously high; thank goodness for the grab rail.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Stayed here recently for the one night to attend a gig at The Corner Hotel. Picked up the room for $138 with parking included. Outside of the building looks a little ratty and old, but the room itself was extremely clean and comfortable. Shower did however leak under the screen and semi flood the bathroom, but overall no complaints. Staff were friendly and helpful also. Parking is off street, but it isn't undercover or particularly secure, however it is monitored on camera. Overall good value, would recommend.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

The rooms are much nicer on the inside than they appear on the outside. The best thing was the staff. Coralee, Ann and Janvi were all amazing and always super helpful with whatever request you might have. I never saw any of them without cheerful smiles on their faces.

Thank you again, I would recommend it highly to anybody.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Wollongong, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

Room was okay for an overnight stay. The room was clean. The staff were very polite and helpful with any questions asked. The car park spaces are very tight even for a medium sized car. The staff will call you a taxi if you require one. The tram stop is about 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2015

From the outset I must say the reception staff were very polite, friendly and efficient. I was told if I check in early, 1 pm, I would get a car park. There were two spaces left when we went around to park but my Prado was too big to get in. I went back to reception to tell them about my problem. The girl that booked me in said she would be leaving in awhile and I could use her space.
When we got into the room it looked very nice at first. But after settling in we realized that there was no table or chairs which was strange seeing that it is let out as an apartment.
The bathroom was a big let down. First of all if you are a little over weight you would have trouble getting into shower. The door didn't fully open as it was restricted by the vanity. There was mould all over the grout between the tiles and the window looked like is was repaired by child. There was paint droppings on the floor.
Other disappointment was that our room was next to the lift well and was disturbing our sleep.
Finally I can't understand why a $100 on our credit card is kept for 4 days. If management thinks a couple of seniors would trash the room why wouldn't they send someone to check it before we leave and give our money back?

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

My partner & I were in Melb for 3 nights & wanted relatively central but affordable. We regret this choice, with issues like: room not serviced, bathroom falling apart, parking not suitable for large cars, some staff very unhelpful (though some were great), etc. choose somewhere else.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Katherine K, General Manager at Adara East Melbourne, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
Hi Matthew, Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay, I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable experience and I was not given the opportunity during your time in Melbourne to rectify your areas of concern. I do appreciate you taking the time to review and be assured your comments will be taken on board.

Been to Adara East Melbourne? Share your experiences!