“Fabulous stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks On William

Save Saved
You added Oaks On William to your Saves list
Oaks On William
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 William Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #12 of 170 hotels in Melbourne
Naples, Florida
“Fabulous stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed four nights end of February. The hotel staff couldn't have been nicer, all were so helpful with restaurants, directions, services. They went out of their way to be helpful. The room was clean, modern, with full kitchen, balcony with view of the park. The cement ceiling was odd. We would definitely stay there again and will recommend to friends. Great location in CBD.

Room Tip: Get view of park
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel Manager W, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and great to read that our staff were able to ensure your experience at the hotel was most enjoyable. We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again on your next visit to Melbourne.

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Polish first
Nhill, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was our second stay in a 3 week period. The hotel is new, clean and modern and that is why I decided to give it a go. We travel a lot and I'm very fussy especially about cleanliness. I enjoyed our stays but I can't get excited! Our first stay was for 2 nights in a king park room, we were on the 17th floor overlooking Flagstaff Gardens, great view at night with all the lights. Our second stay was for my birthday we had a king park room on the 13th floor again overlooking the park.

Location was easy, and convenient. There were a number of negatives nothing big though, not enough towels or places to hang towels and robes in the bathroom. Body wash would be better than a bar of soap. The bare concrete roof was bizarre. Didn't fit the decor but I'm not an interior decorator. The staff were courteous but not overly friendly!

I can't quite put my finger on why I'm not loving this hotel as it fits most of my must haves. Will we stay again, maybe!!

Room Tip: Book a room with a view over the park.....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and great to hear that you have found our hotel to be in a great location for you with clean and modern apartments. I am delighted to read that you have chosen to return to our hotel and I can assure you that we would love for nothing more than to see you back again on your next trip to Melbourne. On your next visit I recommend one of our brand new one bedroom apartments which have been beautifully thought out and offer stunning views of the city. I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel again soon.
Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Stayed three nights recently. The booking was part of a package.

The checkin staff were all very good and knowledgeable. We stayed in a room on the 12th floor. Our room was very funky. It was new and had all the gear one would need. Would have scored top marks except for a bit of a lack of spare towels in the bathroom, and some kitchen stuff e.g. detergent, and cloths etc.

Wireless. Man, these guys need to pick up their act. I have travelled in the US and Europe and wireless is free. Just comes with the stay like the toaster and fridge. Oaks still restrict you to 30 (continuous) minutes for free per day, then $5.00 per (continuous) 30 minutes. Come on guys, we live in an age where everyone has a wireless device in their pocket and it is a dammed inconvenience to be charged like this. When you come from another country and don't have a local SIM (that is another story) then looking up things to do on your device is essential. I don't want to pay a fortune for it! You don't restrict the use of anything else in the room e.g. the TV, the kettle or toaster - why the Internet!! You should pay a flat rate as a corporate - don't profiteer.

You would have got a good five star rating other than this, but you really need to sort it.

After that rant, I would still recommend it as a place to stay. Walkable to most places in the CBD.

Room Tip: Make sure you go up to the top floors and get a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hotel Manager W, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for you feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on William. I am pleased to read that you found our staff friendly and knowledgeable and our rooms funky and well equipped. As a brand Oaks is committed to offering great value to our guests and as such we recently introduced a complimentary 30 minutes free Wi-Fi service daily for our guests to browse the internet. We are continuously working with our suppliers to bring you even greater value and invaluable feedback such as your will ensure we continue to do so. Thanks again for your recommendations to others and we look forward to having the pleasure of accommodating you again in the future.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Great hotel with good service in a convenient location in the Melbourne CBD. Stayed two nights and the room was very clean, nicely decorated and a good size. Would recommend to others staying in Melbourne.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay and it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the service, décor, location and cleanliness of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed at Oaks on William for 5 nights, and had booked a Studio Park unit, which are supposed to be the rooms on the front of the tower overlooking Flagstaff Gardens. I was dissapointed to find however, that my room was set well back front the front of the building, and although I had great views of the skyline in one direction, I could see very little of the eponymous park because a wall was in the way. There are two of these rooms with compromised views on each floor (one on either side of the tower).

This dissapointment aside, my stay was good. As other's have mentioned, the ceilings of the rooms are exposed concrete, which is not a good look in my opinion, but otherwise the room was very nice and all the facilites were top quality. I paid for the hotel wireless internet, and didn't have any issues with that. I had an afternoon flight, and was able to leave my suitcase with reception for several hours after checking out.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Oaks on William. I am pleased to read that your overall experience at the hotel was enjoyable. As mentioned in your review two of the rooms on each floor have limited views of the park, however as they are corner apartments they are slightly larger and offer a more open plan style apartment. You will be pleased to know that we have recently released brand new studio view and one bedroom view apartments all with uninterrupted views of the city. I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel again in the near future.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We stayed two nights based on the Tripadvisor reviews and found it to be very good indeed. Our room was immaculately clean, well presented with a huge bed, flat screen tv, aircon and balcony. We heard no noise whatsoever either from outside or neighbouring apartments. Would definitely stay again if in Melbourne.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks on William. I am truly delighted to read that your experience at the hotel was most enjoyable. The team I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Allowed us to check in early which was much appreciated. Located next to Flagstaff park and near to CBD trams. Really well equipped rooms and great view overlooking the park from balcony. Everything very new and fresh looking. Would get higher marks if lobby was bigger with more atmosphere, bar etc but only small niggle as not generally expected with apart hotel. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for you kind comments regarding your recent stay and great to read that our staff were able to arrange an early check-in for you on arrival. Our staff would be delighted to assist you with information on the many bars and restaurants closely located to the hotel. We look forward of having the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Been to Oaks On William? Share your experiences!