“Very good value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oaks On William

You added Oaks On William to your Saves list
Oaks On William
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   350 William Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay Longer and Save!
Ranked #16 of 171 Hotels in Melbourne
Trondheim, Norway
“Very good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed in the Oaks on William for 3 nights in the end of october 2013.
The hotel is situated right on the edge of the inner city, but the tram stop is just besides the hotel and everything in the inner city is also in walking distance.

The staff was very friendly and check-in was very fast.
The hotel looked quite new and so did the room - not many traces of usage.
The hotel and the rooms were quiet and one could rest in the night.
Internet could be purchased, but 30 mins a day were free of charge - sufficient to check Emails!

The room was large and had all facilities that one needs in a studio apartment: Fully equipped kitchen (oven, kettle, hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, plates, pots, cutlery, etc.), iron and ironing board, safe, free coffee/tea, TV, Radio with Ipod/Iphone port, etc.
Cleanliness was very good and satisfying.

The bed was large and very comfortable.
The bathroom had all necessary facilities including a "waterfall shower head", towels and soap/shampoo/body lotion.

All in all the Oak on Williams is is a very nice studio hotel and offers very good value for money! Next time I come to Melbourne it will be my first choice again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Hotel Manager W, Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Oaks on William. It is great to read that you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel and found the service and level of accommodation to your liking. Sleep quality is extremely important when staying at any hotel and your comments reassure us that we have delivered on this aspect of your stay. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Great place to stay in Melbourne, as the apts are modern and fresh compared to other hotels in the price category. Wifi did not work, but I was given a free access code while they tried to fix it.

The balconies are small, but the apts are quite big. Great value!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Manager W, Front Office Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you found our accommodation modern, fresh and that the room were big. I am sorry to hear that the Wifi log-in did not work properly. I have passed this on to internet provider to investigate. Thank you once again for choosing to stay with Oaks on William. My team and I would certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Nice and simple hotel accommodation that was clean and well presented. Easy location slightly away from the middle of the city but super close to the markets and it being Melbourne it is so easy to stroll down further into the city to explore, cant fault it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Manager W, Front Office Manager at Oaks On William, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Oaks on William. It is always a delight to read that our guest enjoyed their stay with us. I will pass on your comments to our housekeeping team in regards to the cleanliness of your room. My team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Oaks on William again in the near future.
Quebec City, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Brand new complex in very nice location walking distance of everything. We had a very nice studio with nice view at higher level. The staff at reception were all friendly ang gave us excellent advises on what to visit in Melbourne. We felt in love with Melbourne and the Hotel, so we extended our stay by 3 nights at the same great special rate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at Oaks on William and that my staff was able to provide excellent advice for your visit in Melbourne. I am also glad you choose to extend your stay with us to explore Melbourne further. Thank you again and hope you and your family have a great Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.
canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Wife and I stayed in a Studio Apartment (with view) for eight nights.
Very new. Clean, comfortable, good layout, balcony with great view across Flagstaff Gardens, no restaurant but nice little cafe open morning and afternoon, helpful staff, fitness centre and laundry. Walking distance to CBD, Victoria Market, Melbourne University, Royal Melbourne Hospital. Trams (including free city loop) and trains almost on the doorstep.
Not inexpensive, but very, very good.

Room Tip: Worth paying a bit extra for view across Flagstaff Gardens.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found your room very clean, comfortable and had a great view of Flagstaff Gardens. My staff and myself take pride in the service which we provide and I am glad that you get to experience it during your stay. My team and I would certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future and thank you again for your feedback.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights this week. Our room was on 19th floor with fabulous views over the park to the river and beyond. The room was very modern with what appeared to be brand new facilities and equipment. We felt like it was a bargain for the price of $238 for 2 nights. Free city circle tram just outside. Brother Browns below was really good and handy for a late lunch too.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at Oaks on William. I am pleased to hear that you found your room had a fabulous view over the park and beyond. Our hotel located about two minutes walk from the Free City Circle Tram which provide a wonderful access around the city. We certainly look forward to your next visit and wishing you and your family a Happy 2014.
Daegu, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

I've been to this neat, trendy hotel a week ago. Our room was comfy and clean. My hub and I was quite satisfied with conditions of room. The reason that I gave only 3stars on this hotel which has many pros, the guy at the front desk. He made a mistake while checking in. but never apologized. I dont think that he knows the word, "Sorry". Except for that, most things were close to be perfect.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us in regards to your recent stay. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of customer service so I am very sorry to hear of your negative experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on FOMWilliam@theoaksgroup.com.au. Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope we can welcome you back next time.

Been to Oaks On William? Share your experiences!