“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Melbourne Albert Park

Save Saved
You added Mercure Melbourne Albert Park to your Saves list
Mercure Melbourne Albert Park
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   65 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Formerly Citigate Albert Park)   |
Ranked #78 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Traralgon
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We arranged our accomodation on line via a 'mystery deal' as we were attending a family function in the Albert Park area and we had a limited budget. What a lovely surprise we received on arrival, not only were we met with friendly efficiency and convenient parking our room was tastefully decorated and well equipped. As an added bonus we had a lovely view across Albert Park Lake to the Bay in the distance. We could not fault our stay and would certainly recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
MercureAP, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us and that you enjoyed the lovely view overlooking Albert Park Lake.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tatong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Magnificant service by all personnel I came in touch with, Thank you, Great reception with asmile, Car was taking care of very professionally. Meals in dioning Room top class especially the table service

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your lovely feedback on our staff. Our staff pride themselves on their friendly levels of guest service and ensuring that all our guests are well looked after. I will be sure to share this feedback with my team.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The room was very comfortable. The staff were helpful. Overall the place was busy and I commend the staff on managing the desk in an efficient manner. I had just flown in from staying at the Mecure in Perth and found the rooms had a very familiar feel. The only thing was I was not advised of was the drive yourself option for parking the car, however this was addressed when I advised reception. There are two parking options - car park on site where you drive your self for and valet.

Room Tip: I believe there are rooms with great views, however there are only a few so ask well ahead of time.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the Mercure Melbourne Albert Park. I’m glad to hear your enjoyed your stay and that our staff were helpful.

Yes you are correct; we have several rooms at the hotel that overlook Albert Park Lake offering stunning views. Rooms with a view can be requested at time of booking, however are always subject to availability.
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I am typing this from my room. Have no issues with the room at all. Mine looked almost identical to the sample picture in trip advisor. The room was large, clean and had everything I could ask for. The hot water was only just hot enough, but that's not really a complaint.

I went with the cheepest room, so mine didn't have a view (other than an alley) but I was staying for a conference and so I wasn't here for the view.

Had room service each night. The lamb shanks were good but the flavours of the overall dish were a little disconnected. Had the salmon twice and it was very good, though could have been cooked an little less (but I like mine still a little transparent). Have no complaints on the room service, except it was a little pricy.

Staff were very helpful and when u needed an iPhone charger, they were able to assist me immediately. A minor issue with the wifi was also dealt with efficiently and friendly.

Overall, no problems, well priced (about $130 per night) and I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MercureAP, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, and for the detailed review on your stay. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto my team, and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Bendigo, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Our stay at at the Mecure Melbourne Albert Park was lovely. On arrival we were greeted warmly and check in was very efficient, settled into our room under 10 minutes. Our room was comfortable with no passing noise so able to sleep in. The buffet meal on Saturday night was wonderful with plenty of food and the service was excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

MercureAP, General Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Mercure Melbourne Albert Park and for taking the time to post feedback on your stay. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the buffet on Saturday night. I will be sure to pass your lovely feedback onto our team.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

the room was fantastic but the views could have been better for a room like that. the concierge service was excellent and the restaurant was amazing. i would definately stay therre again for another occasion.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear kudssi,

Thank you for your feedback and congratulations on your recent anniversary. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and I will be sure to share your feedback with my team.
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hotel is clean, contemporary and stylish, our rooms themselves were spacious. My disappointment for calibre of this hotel is room was not as requested (twin share) on arrival, and then staff had to be reminded three times over 6 hour period to make beds as per booking. Beds were not made up until 7pm and only after I complained again..
They also couldn't handle split arrival days/times for our party of four and did not allow my fellow guests to access rooms before my arrival even though they had been informed of split days/times.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Carol,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback on your stay. I would like to apologise for your recent experience at the Mercure Melbourne Albert Park. This is not the service we strive to provide our guests. I will be sure to discuss these issues with my team.

A private message has been sent to you through Tripadvisor as I would like to discuss this matter with you further.

Been to Mercure Melbourne Albert Park? Share your experiences!