Wonderland High Tea in the spiegeltent was the worst high tea I've ever been to! Don't bother.
Even though we had discount tickets ($30), it wasn't even worth that.
- There were no signs pointing to the event and the entrance to the spiegeltent was piled with boxes and junk - so much so that it looked like it was closed.
- When we arrived on time (3pm), most of the tables weren't set. We waited 10 minutes to be seated at an un-set table.
- It was 10 minutes before we were given teacups and plates, and another 10 before our tea was poured. We then had to flag down waitstaff on two more occasions to be given sugar and milk, and then again for teaspoons so we could combine all the elements into tea! We then discovered the tea was stone cold.
- Even though our tickets were pre-booked and they put jam and cream on our table, they ran out of scones and we didn't get any. What event doesn't cater for all the people who booked and pre-paid?
- We didn't receive our 'fairy floss champagne' until we asked for it after we had been there nearly an hour. This was even though it was supposed to be on arrival. When it came, the waiter plonked it down on our table hard enough to spill an entire glass on my friend. I suppose it's not his fault really: the table was so wobbly we couldn't put any weight on it...
- Halfway through, a lady came around and tried to sell us Tupperware. Random.
- The spiegeltent wasn't sufficiently heated and on that cold, rainy day, it was very breezy.
Overall, this was an extremely poor effort. At least we had a good laugh about it!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.