“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pegasus Apart'Hotel

Save Saved
You added Pegasus Apart'Hotel to your Saves list
Pegasus Apart'Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   206 A'Beckett Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000, Australia (Melbourne CBD)   |
Ranked #48 of 172 hotels in Melbourne
Taipei, Taiwan
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

It was the first time we stayed at an apartment hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I read about the reviews and requested a quieter room for my husband is a very light sleeper, and it was indeed very quiet; he was very happy about it. Location is good--just 5 min. walk to the free city circle and Flagstaff station, and a 15 min. walk to the very heart of the CBD. The Victoria Market nearby is a plus--we bought very fresh organic fruits and veggies to supplement the cuisine we enjoyed in Melbourne. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PegasusApartHotel, Manager at Pegasus Apart'Hotel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear gwynlin

We are pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed your stay and that a comfortable sleep was achieved.

Our location is handy for access to the CBD and also the Queen Victoria Market; a great source of fresh produce!

263 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out of Pegasus today, after staying for three nights.

When I arrived I was extremely exhausted, I was welcomed by two lovely staff members (Carly &Jacob). My assigned room wasn't clean yet, however Carly managed to find a clean room to put me in - which I was VERY thankful for!

The cleanliness of the hotel was very high, the bed & pillows were fantastic!
Pool & spa were great, nice and heated.

Very close to everything, all within walking distance.

Staff were extremely friendly throughout my entire stay. My check out experience was just as delightful as my check in. Both Carly and Jacob were working together again this morning, did whatever they could to ensure I had a pleasant experience!

Thank you to everyone at Pegasus, I will be returning!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear R0w3n4

We are glad to know you were looked after when you arrived and the friendliness of our team continued all the way through to your departure.

We look forward to welcoming you back!

Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Arrived at the front desk at 7:00am and pleaded with the gentleman behind the counter for an early check in as we had just been on the midnight horror across from Perth. He informed us they couldn't guarantee anything before 3:00pm. Most hotels seem to turn around rooms a lot quicker than that. He was the only friendly staff member we encountered on our stay. The rest were rude and at times even a bit arrogant. We were only able to check in at 2:40pm.

The room was ok - clean and reasonably spacious, however, there were huge gaps between the fixed roll-down blinds which meant a mid afternoon nap was near on impossible and a long sleep-in was out of the question. I should've kept the Qantas blindfolds from the flight over. The walls were quite thin too, our neighbour had their TV on all night which meant I was kept awake by what sounded like old MASH re-runs. All in all not good for the red-eye induced sleep deprivation.

Location, was ok. Could get to most of the Melbourne CBD within a 15 -30 minute walk. The Victoria markets behind the hotel are terrible, unless you're after a knock off hand bag or an "Australia" jumper.

The Gym was an absolute joke - one decrepit treadmill that did not work properly,a couple of 1990's exercise bikes and an 'all-in-one' weight machine. Better off going for a run and doing push ups in the flagstaff gardens around the corner. The pool was decent though.

Could put up with the gaps between the binds, thin walls and lack of a decent gym, but rude staff pushed me over the line. Will not be staying at Pegasus again, nor will I recommend anyone to do so.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
PegasusApartHotel, Manager at Pegasus Apart'Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear pubreview_Aus

We are sorry to hear your stay with us and your impression the Queen Victoria Market was not to expectation.

An overnight flight from Perth is a difficult one to get much sleep on; the length of the flight is too short to get adequate rest. When arriving at such an early hour, the hotel industry recommends the booking of a hotel room from the night before to ensure it is ready for your morning arrival.

Our check in time is from 3pm, our check out time is 11am. As we have been heavily booked of late, we have not always had rooms available from the night prior. You will note from other reviews that we do extend an early check in if we have the rooms available.

The Queen Victoria Market has a number of sections offering typical market merchandise such clothing, home wares, gifts etc… In addition, QVM is well known for its great selection of food. QVM is a Melbourne icon which locals and visitors visit all year round, we value having it within
easy reach. Melbourne offers a range of retail outlets for non market style apparel.

Our Gym equipment is less than 6 months old, we appreciate constructive feedback and recommendations so we know what our guests would prefer to have available. Our pool as you mentioned is decent, measuring in at 20m long and 5m wide it has been referred to as one of the best hotel pools in the area.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I booked a room around 6pm and when I arrived at 10pm the front desk told me there was no room and there was nothing I could do but go back into the freezing cold and look for another hotel. This did not stop them from charging my credit card for a service I never got. What a joke and they wont refund. Do not stay here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PegasusApartHotel, Manager at Pegasus Apart'Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Herbal81

We would appreciate being contacted by you with details regarding your post.

The delivery of a reservation made via a website may be delayed for various reasons. We would have certainly accommodated you if we had been provided with the booking confirmation or reference number you would have been issued with after having made your reservation.

It seems the delivery of your booking to us came through later that evening, hence your claim of a charge.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Located right by the Victoria Markets, the Pegasus Apart'Hotel was a great place to stay for the weekend. About a 15 minute walk to the Crown and only a few minutes from central Melbourne it was the perfect location for us. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room itself was great. Featuring very modern furniture and a good sized bathroom and kitchenette. Very comfy and clean. Would definitely recommend and stay again :)

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Erica F

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Pegasus and the location worked well for your Melbourne experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when you next visit

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and in overall, it was a good experience.
Food options are limited, as I dont like going out at night, so had to order take-away in, as there was not really too many restaurants around.
All in all, pretty good.
Thanks

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear George W

\We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The immediate area is a little quiet at night with most of the better Food & Beverage options being a 5-10 minute walk from the hotel.

If you made use of our in room menu service, we hope you enjoyed it. We are working on our F&B facility at present; it will cater to in house guests and the public as a Café/Bar/Restaurant.

edmonton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst in Melbourne for a Conference. Despite the negative reviews which left me skeptical I decided to book as the photos looked nice.

The hotel room was just as beautiful as the photos depicted. It was spotless, modern and had everything I needed. The bed was extremely comfortable with a beautiful duvet. There was a heatpump in my room to keep it warm, flatscreen TV everything you could need. Slippers, fully stocked kitchen with tea/coffee.

The only shortfall was the intermittent Wifi signal, which they are currently in the process of upgrading. Wifi was guaranteed in the lobby and seemed to work best in the hallway outside my room. But I was eventually able to connect from my room during daytime hours when less people were in the hotel so I was happy with it in the end.

I expected a bit more from the spa pool- it wasnt very warm and the jet was in need of some attention. Reminded me of a volcano errupting. You wouldnt want to sit next to it. Haha. But the gym looked alright. It was always very quiet.

I would definitely stay again!! It was a home away from home.

Oh, and previous reviews about the street being dodgy- I had no worries. Its not well lit, but it is on a main street and I had no problems walking alone at night and never felt unsafe. (30 yr old female traveling alone)

Would definitely recommend- 5 min walk to city circle tram, 10-15 min walk to anywhere in the CBD, Vic markets 2 min walk away. Small convenience store w/ groceries and wine only 1 block away. Near to restaurants. Room service available.

Overall excellent stay!! And great price at $122AUD/night studio queen. Will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kendraa
Thank you for your positive feedback in terms of our product, cleanliness and amenities provided in all of our studios and suites.
The Spa does have a set of jets which emit strongly from the floor of the spa, an item we are attending to.

The internet pipeline has now been upgraded and we hope this meets the complimentary Wi-Fi demand of our guests; we have been running at a fairly high occupancy of late and have not had any reports of slow speeds or connection challenges.

We are pleased to know that you felt safe in the area and Pegasus felt like a home away from home.

Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back for either a leisure or business related trip

Thank you! from the Team at Pegasus

Been to Pegasus Apart'Hotel? Share your experiences!