“Southbank apartments Melbourne” 4 of 5 stars
Review of 28 Southgate Apartments Melbourne

You added 28 Southgate Apartments Melbourne to your Saves list
28 Southgate Apartments Melbourne
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   28 Southgate Ave, Melbourne, Victoria 3006, Australia (Southbank)   |
Special Offer
PRIME LOCATION BOOK NOW!
Ranked #29 of 112 Specialty Lodging in Melbourne
Adelaide, Australia
“Southbank apartments Melbourne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Spent 5 weeks there while working in melb. Absolute great location if working in CBD, Collins St, as I was. Had a two bedroom on 4th floor overlooking Hamer Hall & the river to city.
Close to all Southbank eateries and very adjacent to trains and trams, Young & Jackson and other pubs nearby.
Apartment was clean, roomy and quiet from other rooms but can be noisy at nights( especially weekends) from the street pedestrian traffic - but that's city life I guess.

Balcony access from main lounge and second bedroom. Main bedroom has ample window which is able to be opened for fresh air (much better than air cond all night long).Walk through robe to en suite. Second bathroom has laundry included.
Kitchen well equipped and lounge/ dining is spacious.
Didn't use car park underneath building but one is available.
Gym is fairly basic but it had a good jacuzzi.
Don't need concierge much but nice to know they were looking after the place and security.
No outdoor pool or BBQ area but all facilities are close by.
Nice attending a concert at hamer hall having pre- drinks in the room, walking across the road straight to our seats in 2 minutes!
Recommend

Room Tip: City view can be noisy if windows etc open
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Booked through the internet, could not fault it at all, great value for money, fantastic location. We had a delayed flight into Melbourne and arrived well after reception hours but they kept in contact with us all the time and arranged keys etc for us. Apartment was clean, tidy and furniture very comfortable. Great security. Wouls stay there again and will recommend

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I recently booked for a one week stay at 28 Southgate Apartments in Melbourne. I booked and then cancelled my booking within 24 hours as I had changed my mind about staying here - I hadn't had confirmation of my cancellation for a few days and rang them and emailed them again but still without a response. When they did respond some 3 days after I had cancelled they advised that they would charge me a 25% cancellation fee and then decided to only charge me 10% of my deposit put down - yes they insist on taking a 50% deposit when booking!. Be warned about booking with this company - they will not repay my deposit in full and they will not reply to my emails or phone calls. I have lodged formal complaints about their operations. They say the cancellation fee is to cover bank fees and admin expenses. Can you believe it? There are many other apartments around that will not charge a 25% cancellation nor demand a 50% deposit upfront - my opinion is to go elsewhere!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Had a great stay, the apartments were fantastic, the lady who checked us in was excellent. She rang us a couple days after we arrived too make sure everything was ok. She then rang us the day before we left to make sure we enjoyed our stay. I would recommend Southbank Apartments and we will be staying again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

My experience was a very enjoyable one. Amazing views & the apartment's decor was beautiful. (Comfy beds)
The lady who checked us in was very helpful; explaining how to use the facilities in great detail and recommending fun things to do in Melbourne.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I initially made a booking at the same building via another company, but there was a misunderstanding, as they could not find my booking. In the end, all they had was a single bedroom loft (which I couldn't accept as my mom injured her knees and stairs was a no-no). So just a few days before our trip, I chanced upon this website and then I received an email that a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment was available in 1 Freshwater Place. No time to waste, I pounced upon this availability and it was a steal at AUD250/night, right across the street from Crown - a mere crossing of a road.

The view of the apartment was amazing, and the location was ideal. Parking was just an extra AUD10/day, and it was one swanky place to stay for 5 nights. The Wifi that was also charged on a daily basis (I cannot remember but it was pretty affordable), was dependable and had a strong connection.

I arranged with Helmut on our arrival time, but was about 45mins late as we got lost driving in the city. When we finally arrived and I called him again, he apologised and said that he would be there in 10mins, having already waited a while for us from the pre-arranged meeting time. Helmut quickly took me up to our assigned apartment, showed me where the washing machine and dryer were, and how to operate the heater/air-conditioning, the TV, and the entrance to the carpark. We did not have any problems during our stay as he pretty much covered everything.

The apartment was very spacious, with an open space in the middle where the fully equipped kitchen, living and dining rooms were. The couch was very comfortable and that was where my brother chose to sleep for the 5 nights. The view at night over the river was fantastic, and the skyline over the city was breathtaking. The windows were from ceiling to floor, the apartment entirely carpeted, everything was clean and spotless. 1 queen bed in each room, not to mention that the beds and pillows invited a deep sleep every night!

The walk in the evenings along Southbank was nice, with many eating options and the city was just a 5min cross over any of the many bridges near this building. Right downstairs you have Subway and Macs, and across the lobby was a supermart. There really isn't anything that we could fault this stay on. Except that the walls were pretty thin, and you could hear noises in the night, and the winds howling too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Blenheim, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

OMG did we just get lucky? We booked on not 1 night for Southbank Apartments. Off season, so we got such a great bargain. You don't know which of 3 apartment blocks you will stay in until you arrive. The lady we contacted on arrival was not very friendly but Helmut made up for this with his charm and obliging nature. We were lucky enough to score 1 Freshwater Place and were totally spoiled with a 2 bedroom apartment for 2 couples on 39 floor. Gorgeous marble bench tops in the kitchen and bathrooms, comfy beds (most important), quiet, even with the Lions in town!,views to die for. Location was perfect & pool and gym facilities a bonus. We would book here again at the price we paid. Concierge desk staff were awesome, thanks so much. Note: if you have a car-you need to book your park!
Fab that the owners of this apartment are happy to share (yes, we get that they are paid, but all the same...). For a long weekend in Melbourne we couldn't do better, thank you so much.

Room Tip: I guess it depends on the apartment you get, ours was the best! Lady who deals with bookings not so...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to 28 Southgate Apartments Melbourne? Share your experiences!