“Definitely worth trying” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Sydney, Australia
“Definitely worth trying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

As a visitor to Melbourne this little cafe was suggested by a friend when I told him I needed a hefty breakfast and decent coffee to set me up for a day-long meeting.

They don't have a big breakfast on the menu but I was told I could order whatever I wanted - so two runny poached eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomato, avocado, and an extra shot long macchiato with the food. No problem!

The barista was pretty busy making take away coffees, but she leaned across and said that I can just signal to her when I would like my coffee made, a most welcomed idea.

The meal came, everything was beautifully cooked and it tasted great. The poached eggs were as asked, the sauteed mushrooms had a light sprinkle of salt and a hint of herbs, the grilled tomato came with a good dose of herbs, and the avocado in the middle highlighted the dish nicely.

After indicating I was ready for my coffee the barista got started straight away and soon it was delivered to the table. It was amply strong, full of flavour without any bitterness, and very satisfying.

Added bonus, very friendly staff as well! Would definitely have breakfast here again if staying in Melbourne CBD.

• Visited October 2012