“Fantastic Day Out For Everyone!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 44 Food & Drink in Melbourne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Yarra Valley Wine Tasting Tours specialises in small personal wine tours from Melbourne to Victoria's Yarra Valley. We operate a daily wine tour on board of our luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, maximum 14 or 16 people, where our passengers will enjoy the best of the Yarra Valley. The main highlights of the tour include visits and wine tastings at 4 top Yarra wineries, including Domain Chandon, a restaurant lunch with a glass of wine with lunch, a visit to the quaint Yarra Valley Dairy to sample their handmade cheeses as well as stops at the White Rabbit Brewery to sample beer and ciders and the new Yarra Valley Chocolate company. The tour will be conducted by one of our team of experienced drivers/guides; Alex, Anthony, Ben, Christian, Geoff or Sasha - all of whom have earned many favourable reviews from other Trip Advisor members. This tour is a great way to experience the best of the Yarra. Join us for wine, champagne, beer, cider, cheese, chocolates and a great day out!
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Day Out For Everyone!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

What a great day! I went with a group of friends, but ended up making lots of new friends on the bus - so it's definitely a trip for both the solo traveller and groups alike. I loved the intimate and super comfy mini bus, Christian was our guide and was sooo nice and really informative. He had some great fun fact nuggets about the wineries and wine process, which I found myself recounting to family and friends days later.

The tour itself has a great balance. We went to Rochford, Domain Chandon and Coombe Farm wineries, the White Rabbit Brewery and also to a cheese shop and a CHOCOLATE FACTORY! We had a delicious lunch in Rochford just after the wine tasting, I would personally recommend the risotto.

Having never really taken to wine too much in the past - after the tour, I realised how many tastey wines are out there, I had just never tasted ones that I liked so much! It was very enjoyable to hear the varied history of the wineries and brewery, and of course getting to visit stunning settings across the Yarra Valley. My favorites were Domain Chandon and the White Rabbit Brewery. The setting and vine yards of Domain Chandon are breathtaking. And they have the nicest Rosé and Savigon Blanc (with a hint of peach) - which everyone should buy. I both both, and brought them back to Ireland for Christmas dinner! Another fantastic thing was the price of wines in all the wineries, they were very affordable and would only set you back $20-30 approx for a great quality bottle.

The White Rabbit Brewery was excellent too, and the staff were so accommodating. We tasted their famous ales, and also a few of their in house experiments of flavoursome ales which are especially for people who visit the brewery. I now find myself always opting for White Rabbit when I'm going for a drink in the city.

It really is a great day out for everyone, even kids, they will revel in the chocolate factory. It is an unbelievable chocolate wonderland. You literally get handfuls of chocolate buttons upon arrival.

Would definitely recommend this tour, I can't wait to go on it again!

Prahran, Australia
“Amazing day out in Yarra Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I went on a tour in early December and had incredible time. Our driver Christian was friendly and fun and helped us have a great day out. The wine, cheese, beer, cider, chocolate and of course scenery was beautiful. Would love to do it again totally worth the money!!

8 attraction reviews
“informative!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Not drink as usual as AZ does. However, the winery tour is quite informative and let 'fresh student' quickly gain some basic knowledge about different wines. Almost drunk....

Alice Springs, Australia
“12 thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Christian Rocks! This was truly a day to remember. Christian led the best wine tour I have ever been on for my 5 friends and I. He is down to earth and personable. He was extremely knowledgable about the history of a lot of the vineyards. The vehicle we road in was nice. There is a mini fridge just incase you happen to buy cheese and a wine storage if you needed it. He made it easy and planned the tour out perfectly. Yerring Station, Yarra Valley Dairy, Chandon, Rochford, White Rabbit Brewery, Yileena park and a chocolate eatery.

We ate lunch at Rochford. The food and wine there was awesome and nicely paird. It was an actual meal, not a platter of meats and cheeses. I had the seafood risotto (amazing).

Definitely choose Yarra Valley Wine Tasting Tours. You won't be sorry. Thank you Christian.

West Midlands, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
“Magic Christian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Booked as a surprise 60th birthday treat.
9.00 at Fed Square Start. Led by Christian in a super new Merc Minibus. Christian is a softly spoken very knowledgeable man who knows his wine and the area and from what we saw had the respect of the owners.
First off, Yering Station, Yarra Valley Dairy where we sampled and bought some great goats cheese.Domaine Chandon for some bubbles and lunch at Rochford where we had a great tasting and a mega lunch. Wagyu beef cheek was to die for!
On to the White Rabbit brewery for beer tasting and then to Yileena Park where we heard tales of the fires. Finally to a Chocolaterie for free tastings.
All in all one of the best days you could ever spend with no pressure to buy, not overly boozy and most informative and not wine stuffy.
You will not regret it.