My wife & I recently returned from a relaxing long weekend in Melbourne.
We chose to stay at the Clarion Suites mainly due to other reviews on this site, location & price. We stayed in a One bedroom riverview apartment.
Had all the amenities you would expect (fully equip Kitchen, stereo, flat screen Tv, DVD etc..)
From 7pm you can see the fire display from the Crown complex, which is something different.
The location can't be faulted, Crown casino 2mins walk (great restaurants), CBD 2mins, or catch the free tram outside.
The overall apartment is clean & comfortable with reasonable room. We did have an issue with the air con not heating up (which they promptly solved, and our DVD player didn't work-again happily & quickly replaced it. So no complaints with service or staff), I think it is important how problems are dealt with rather than the problem itself.
I would have no problems staying here again, & would definately recommend it to others.
Just a small heads up that it is located on a railway line, so you can hear trains time to time, but we soon forgot about it.
You are afterall in a hotel in the CBD and some noise is not avoidable.
Also, if you like Chinese food, you must eat at the Red Emperor within the Southgate complex. Not the cheapest place, but well worth it.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Suites Gateway Hotel
- Clarion Suites Gateway Hotel Melbourne
- Clarion Hotel Melbourne
- Clarion Melbourne
- Melbourne Clarion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary High-rise Hotel situated 200 meters from aquarium & 500 meters from casino, shops & Yarra River Cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Otel, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Clarion Suites Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.