Loved this hotel. We booked through Wotif and got a great price for overnight stay.
We opted for a riverview room, which had a lovely view across the river to Crown Casino. The room itself was very clean, bed and pillows were very comfortable, the shower was amazing (the only downside being it was over a bath).
We chose not to pay for breakfast there as it was a little pricey, so instead we walked 5 minutes across to the Casino and had breakfast at Margos (much more reasonably priced).
Location of this hotel is perfect. Just a short walk across to Southbank for heaps of bars/restaurants/cafe's. Very close to the aquarium, Shopping is only a stroll away and not far from the weekend nightlife.
Only really had contact with staff at the front desk, but found them to be friendly and efficient.
Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. We will definitely be back!
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Suites Gateway Hotel
- Clarion Suites Gateway Hotel Melbourne
- Clarion Hotel Melbourne
- Clarion Melbourne
- Melbourne Clarion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary High-rise Hotel situated 200 meters from aquarium & 500 meters from casino, shops & Yarra River Cruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Clarion Suites Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.